• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

A food spectacular in Atlanta

Gifted Gourmet

Coming up shortly, in May, and whether you live within driving distance of Atlanta or merely come here on business, this looks to have some spectacular possibilitites for those who enjoy the culinary prowess of our local chefs:

http://www.tasteofthenation.org/site/Clubs...id=1020&pg=main

There is a long list of the restaurants who will be participating and, if I recall correctly, it is a stellar cast of performers, so to speak! :biggrin:

Melissa Goodman aka "Gifted Gourmet"

I had to stop reading the list when I got to Alluviah at the Cheetah. As soon as I've stopped laughing I'll check out the rest.

We went to this a couple of years ago and it was great. I'm out of town this year, so somebody else will have to eat my share.

Can you pee in the ocean?

well don't underestimate Alluvia - i still maintain Cheetah has the best wings in Atlanta. haven't eaten anythign elsee there, but did manage to take part in a buffet once. all the food was pretty decent, but the wings were stellar.

Okay, okay, ladies, there are many excellent restaurants on this list for Taste of the Nation ....

anyone just looking at this would think we Atlantans have only the basest of plebian tastes!!! :hmmm:

There are some terrific people cooking for this! :biggrin:

Edited by Gifted Gourmet (log)

Melissa Goodman aka "Gifted Gourmet"

well don't underestimate Alluvia - i still maintain Cheetah has the best wings in Atlanta. haven't eaten anythign elsee there, but did manage to take part in a buffet once. all the food was pretty decent, but the wings were stellar.

They have even better legs and breasts.

Nobody eats at that restaurant anymore. It's always too crowded.

---Yogi Berra

• 2 weeks later...
They have even better legs and breasts.

Aaaargh! Beat me to it!

Seriously, what's this about? Are we talking food tastings, a full meal, or what?

Also looks pretty dominated by the Buckhead Dining Group.

Be polite with dragons, for thou art crunchy and goeth down well with ketchup....

Buckhead Life there in force, bu also plenty of other upmarket establishments.

The year we went it was tastings, and you went around and visited the various booths. Lots of booths had more than one item, and nobody minded if you took more than one taste.

A huge amount of very nice food. At a certain point you just have to decide to stop eating.

Wine tastings were also included, and again there was no limit. Open bar that year as well. Altogether excessive.

The silent auction was great.

Can you pee in the ocean?