• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Cute DC Cafes/Restaurants

I'm newly addicted to Common Grounds on Wilson Blvd in Arlington. Free wifi, good coffee, big enough place to spread out, with very sturdy tables. Plus couches in the back where high school kids hangout after school. Kids from MY old high school! Nice retro Dharma-Cafe (remember that place in Vienna??) feel to it...Minus the pot-smoking. :wacko:

Food is a convenient way for ordinary people to experience extraordinary pleasure, to live it up a bit.

-- William Grimes

• 2 years later...

Bump! I have about two hours to kill midday today. Just west and south of Dupont. I'm looking for a place where I can snack (or have lunch) and drink decent-to-good coffee while enjoying free wireless.

If nothing else, do the Cosi's in the vicinity (say 18/K or thereabouts) have wifi now?

I can't remember the name but there's an extremely cool coffee shop on the corner of 22nd and P. Independantly owned, good coffee and I'm pretty sure they have wifi.

Otherwise: Starbucks anyone?

I'm on the pavement

Thinking about the government.

I can't remember the name but there's an extremely cool coffee shop on the corner of 22nd and P.  Independantly owned, good coffee and I'm pretty sure they have wifi. 
Used to be called Soho...I have no idea whether it still is. Good atmosphere but the coffee wasn't all that.

Heather Johnson

In Good Thyme