• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

"Ramsay's Kitchen Nightmares"

UK News Team

FWIW, TV guide has it listed with a TV-MA rating. My guess is not much will be bleeped.

Although, the bleeps themselves can be quite entertaining. As The Osbournes has shown.

edited to add: It repeats tonight at midnight eastern - For those who want to watch other programming...

Edited by FistFullaRoux (log)
Screw it. It's a Butterball.

Fun show to watch. I find it funny they bleep all the "fucks" but keep the "twats" in.

Faking It was a good episode as well. The scene at Fat Duck was pretty funny -- he was so completely overwhelmed by the experience. But he walked away with some pretty good skills. I wonder if he decided to do anything with it.

"Some people see a sheet of seaweed and want to be wrapped in it. I want to see it around a piece of fish."-- William Grimes

"People are bastard-coated bastards, with bastard filling." - Dr. Cox on Scrubs

I had to watch Amazing Race at the repeated suggestion of my sister in law, so I'm taping the show for 1 am pacific time (I wonder why it's midnight eastern- now I'm nervous!)

That Faking It episode is my favorite, because he makes such progress as a person and fools all the judges. I think I'm going to have to research what happened to him also.

i switched to it in bits and pieces during the commercials on TAR.

that poor kid. what a numbnuts. i can only blame it on him beign not too swift and also not too mature.

i thought the funniest part was when they started going around town, and all the locals definitely preferred steak and potatoes to frou frou scallops.

vless his heart, he really did try to go upscale didnt he?

the horrible state of the kitchen after the visit tho, there was no excuse for it.

It was great, I loved it but it was painful to watch. That guy is completely incompetent that it is sad. He could not even use a hand mixer properly let alone run a kitchen. It also says a lot about Ramsey being able to turn that restaurant around in a few days! I seriously doubted he can do that with such a head "chef". I am looking forward to the next installment.

BTW, they also did not bleep "shit" out :smile:

E. Nassar
Houston, TX

My Blog

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry I didn't tape, but I'm damn sure not missing tonight. I am sure it'll be repeated and three-peated, so you will undoubtably be able to have all four canned up. Is tonight the chef with the crap attitude? Or did I miss that on episode two?

I love this show. I love this chef. I was thinking about how American TV would find a similar premise, and seein's how Mr. Ramsey's an ex-footballer, I figured Food Network would present maybe Michael Tyson and his efforts to straighten someone's kitchen up! Can't you just hear that falsetto now:"I said move it, you jerkoff!" Precious...and I'll sue if Food Network moves on this.

After seeing last night's episode, I've come to the conclusion that there should be a legally sanctioned offense of Capital Murder of a Building? What the Hell color was that? What a mean-spirited thing to do to a beautiful, stately old building.

But, that was funny just for the fact that it's down for posterity that the folks across the pond can manage some enormous food gaffs just as gacking nasty as we can.I am quite sure the deep-fried burgers were unpleasant, to say the least. I really enjoyed the chicken-carving lesson. It will surely make the least of the eGers feel pretty good at their knife skills.

I have to say that I thought perhaps this establishment had a good chance of going up. I don't know what the long term effects of being the center of reality tv would be, but as well as exposing the warts, I am sure there's a residual celebrity that goes with it. I hope these folks are doing well.

I agree. This was my first time seeing the show and I couldn't believe how bleak the situation was going in.

The owners seemed clueless, but well-intentioned.

"I don't mean to brag, I don't mean to boast;

but we like hot butter on our breakfast toast!"