• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

"Ramsay's Kitchen Nightmares"

UK News Team

What pisses me off about GR is that he takes the Mickey out of Ainsley but he doining exactly the same.

He presents programs.

Watched Ramsay's Boiling Point this weekend (easy to download from www.torrentspy.com if anyone's interested)

Ramsay kept going on about not being a celebrity chef; he was a cook and never wants to be out of his kitchen. Well, given his TV ubiquity, this now seems somewhat farcical. Hell's Kitchen is prime Celeb chef fodder and he really cannot deny this.

Having said that, Ainsley Harriot is a total tool and deserves everyone's criticism.

What pisses me off about GR is that he takes the Mickey out of Ainsley but he doining exactly the same.

He presents programs.

Watched Ramsay's Boiling Point this weekend (easy to download from www.torrentspy.com if anyone's interested)

Ramsay kept going on about not being a celebrity chef; he was a cook and never wants to be out of his kitchen. Well, given his TV ubiquity, this now seems somewhat farcical. Hell's Kitchen is prime Celeb chef fodder and he really cannot deny this.

Having said that, Ainsley Harriot is a total tool and deserves everyone's criticism.

I cant see boiling point on there when i search. how did you find it? would love to see it again. Thanks

The quest for perfection will lead you to role models that will last you for life (Nico Ladenis)

He presents programs.

Yes but have you ever seen Ainsley add salt to a dish?

This should take you directly to the page:

http://www.torrentspy.com/torrent/647975/R...s_Boiling_Point

You'll need a bittorrent downloader (bitlord or alike) and the five programmes are around 800mg

Enjoy  :smile:

Adam

Hmm, copyright theft--the moderators are very hot on that sort of thing y'know?

I mean, I don't care, but they made me take down a very nice image of Bertie Wooster in his Hugh Laurie phase. Or t'other way about.

Have they had the one in Liverpool with the scouse gangsters who made Ramsey cry yet?

It no longer exists, but it was lovely.

Have they had the one in Liverpool with the scouse gangsters who made Ramsey cry yet?

Last week, Ramsey made one of the two sisters cry. The lady was an antiques dealer, which I suppose could easily be confused with gangster. No signs of tears though from the man with more money than he could reaonably spend if he lived to be 1000 years old. I'm not sure what could make him cry? His tax bill? Being made to actually write his own books? Being made to eat those chocolates he sells through Tesco! :biggrin:

Last week, Ramsey made one of the two sisters cry. The lady was an antiques dealer, which I suppose could easily be confused with gangster. No signs of tears though from the man with more money than he could reaonably spend if he lived to be 1000 years old. I'm not sure what could make him cry? His tax bill? Being made to actually write his own books? Being made to eat those chocolates he sells through Tesco! :biggrin:

..........or MPW?

So, now that we're used to the sight of Gordy sans top, the producers have decided to up the ante and last night we were treated to Gordy sans pants. It's just as well next week is the last episode in the series.

Si

So, now that we're used to the sight of Gordy sans top, the producers have decided to up the ante and last night we were treated to Gordy sans pants. It's just as well next week is the last episode in the series.

Si

Dear God, I wanted to barf!

As his face looks more and more like a scrotum with each passing episode, what must his scrotum look like?

Tim Hayward

"Anyone who wants to write about food would do well to stay away from

similes and metaphors, because if you're not careful, expressions like

'light as a feather' make their way into your sentences and then where are you?"

Nora Ephron

• 4 months later...

I saw an ad asking for candidates in one of the trades a while back but haven't heard anything else. There's already going to be a lot of Gordon around this summer as BBC America will be airing The F Word and the UK Kitchen Nightmares on Thursday and Fox will be having another season of Hell's Kitchen.

If I'm not mistaken, there was mention of this show in Buford's "New Yorker" article on Ramsay. Seems to me that they are already filming episodes, but I'd have to double check the article for details.

Eric