• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Shel_B

Shel_B

On ‎8‎/‎11‎/‎2016 at 10:35 PM, DrinksRUs said:

I guess the good thing about it is Shel_B's suggestion for recycling the pods. 

A couple of days back I was visiting a client and they introduced me to the Nespresso "Pixie" machine.  I liked the small size which is important for my small kitchen.  I am thinking of getting one.  Any comments on this machine?

I was reminded that our community has a great recycling program, so now, for me, recycling the used pods is a no-brainer.

As for the quality of the coffee, I can get better at various places, but when I want a little pick-me-up in the afternoon or evening, the Nespresso looks like an acceptable option.  It's sure a lot quicker than making a cup from scratch using the French press, or going out to one of the local coffee shops.  And, having a wide variety of coffee flavors and styles to choose from is a definite bonus.

Shel_B

Shel_B

On ‎8‎/‎11‎/‎2016 at 10:35 PM, DrinksRUs said:

I guess the good thing about it is Shel_B's suggestion for recycling the pods. 

A couple of days back I was visiting a client and they introduced me to the Nespresso "Pixie" machine.  I liked the small size which is important for my small kitchen.  I am thinking of getting one.  Any comments on this machine?

I was reminded that our community has a great recycling program, so now, for me, recycling the used pods is a no-brainer.

As for the quality of the coffee, I can get better at various places, but when I want a little pick-me-up in the afternoon or evening, the Nespresso looks like an acceptable option.  It's sure a lot quicker than making a cup from scratch using the French press, and having a wide variety of coffee flavors and styles to choose from is a bonus.