• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

My introduction

Jean Brislance

Greetings, all.

I thought I would take a second to say hello and introduce myself. I have been an occasional lurker here for ages and used to post extremely infrequently under the name "VinJean." I was recently reintroduced to this site, and look forward to participating more.

I am a wine and food enthusiast located in Minnetonka, MN. I have been an active participant in the internet wine community, through which I have had the good pleasure of meeting people like Brad Ballinger, Schneier, and other locals who share similar passions. I see some familiar names here as well, so I hope you don't mind if I just dive right in and start posting!

Thanks, and I look forward to talking to you all!

Jean Brislance

Hi Jean.

As a wee independent seller of wine from SW UK, I have precious little to offer the Cognoscenti here, but enjoy the experience nonetheless.

It's always good to see what make others race to the checkout/cellar/dustbin.

best,

slacker,

Padstow, Cornwall

Welcome, Jean!

Funny about the Minnetonka thing... is it a huge wine community? It is where my bosses are from. They left Minnesota just recently after purchasing a winery here in the Napa county. You can see me blogging their winery here.

Because of their Minnesota connections, we have a LOT of customers from that neck of the woods.

Glad to have you onboard!

Funny about the Minnetonka thing... is it a huge wine community?

Not really, but I was once told that the Twin Cities has a higher consumption of "premium" wine, per capita than any other market. For the purpose of the "research," Rochester (which has the Mayo Clinic and a large IBM facility) was included in the Twin Cities.

Minnetonka is a suburb on the Western side of Minneapol,is. Some would call it an upper-scale suburb. Now if your owners have a house on Lake Minnetonka, that's a different story.

We cannot employ the mind to advantage when we are filled with excessive food and drink - Cicero