• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Low-Carb Wines Are Coming

Carolyn Tillie

I'm less concerned about the label issues than the idea that they (the winemakers) may have to compromise their craft to "make" a wine low-carb.

This, I agree with completely. A wine that has been 'adjusted' to fit unnatural marketing parameters is not one I'd be interested in trying.

i don't find myself interested in trying most BV wines to begin with. :rolleyes:

You've never tasted a BV Private Reserve, Georges de Latour, have you?

nope. although i suppose that's not one of the wines the artisans will compromise.

their most recent run-of-the-mill bottlings have been, to me, pretty standard stuff. oaky chards, fat fruit reds, the usual suspects. perhaps i'll take another look at them (their non-low-carb offerings, of course :wink: )

Edited by tommy (log)