• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Unibroue Has Sold Out

cdh

Bad news for all lovers of Blanche de Chambley, Maudite, La Fin Du Monde, Trois Pistoles and the rest of the Unibroue lineup. The brewery was purchased yesterday by Canadian megabrewer Sleeman.

No word on what changes will be made, but my bet is that they're on the way. Stock up on the classics while you can get them!

Link to article

Christopher D. Holst aka "cdh"

Learn to brew beer with my eGCI course

Chris Holst, Attorney-at-Lunch

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
Any updates on potential changes to the line up? I like Trois Pistoles and Fin du Monde, myself.

Both of those beers are still in the line-up. The consensus has been that the beers remain as good as ever. Thus far, the early concerns about the impact of the takeover have not been realized.

• 2 months later...

Interesting news...I've been having problems ordering these beers for some of my restaurant clients. The agent for them just mentioned "inventory and shipping issues" :huh:

Cheers,

Stephen

Vancouver

"who needs a wine list when you can get pissed on dessert" Gordon Ramsey Kitchen Nightmares 2005

MY BLOG

• 4 weeks later...
Canadian megabrewer Sleeman.

No word on what changes will be made, but my bet is that they're on the way.  Stock up on the classics while you can get them!

Link to article

Very hard to think of Sleeman as a "megabrewer", Sleeman quality is very good and they have made little or no changes to the brewing philosophies of the companies they have acquired in the past, Okanagan Spring and Shaftebury, in my area.

Let's wait and see before burning the witches.

''Wine is a beverage to enjoy with your meal, with good conversation, if it's too expensive all you talk about is the wine.'' Bill Bowers - The Captain's Tavern, Miami