• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Espresso your worshipful feelings here?

tanabutler

I am keenly aware of the devout feelings that coffee drinkers have towards their brown beverages.

I'm making a series of designs along those lines, and was advised by a fellow eGulleteer that some of you might brainstorm and help me out.

The first of my designs can be seen on these products. I'm working with old-fashioned clip art, and have several other things in mind. But I love that one graphic so much that I am considering using it again with different words.

If anyone feels inspired to lend a phrase, feel free. My intro to that section of my website says, "Might as well face it, you're addicted to Joe."

Feel free to confess, divulge, or trumpet your love of the little brown bean.

Edit to note: I have even created left-handed and right-handed coffee mugs.

Edited by tanabutler (log)

You know, that's one of the sites I visited when scrolling through some of the "attitude" humor at the CafePress stores. Screaming Man is good, but I don't want to swipe someone else's deal.

Thanks for the link, though. Maybe I should hit the the thesaurus.

There's always the Eddie Izzard line, "I like my women like I like my coffee: in a plastic cup."

(Or "I like my women like I like my coffee: covered in beeees!")

I won't go near that quote with my own version - it would be way too revealing :rolleyes:

I'll have to ponder for awhile to come up with a few others but I always like the one that Coffee Messiah in Seattle uses on their window and their t-shirts

i5743.jpg

Then there's the bumper sticker: "Friends Don't Let Friends Drink Starbucks"

There's always the Eddie Izzard line, "I like my women like I like my coffee: in a plastic cup."

(Or "I like my women like I like my coffee: covered in beeees!")

I won't go near that quote with my own version - it would be way too revealing :rolleyes:

I'll have to ponder for awhile to come up with a few others but I always like the one that Coffee Messiah in Seattle uses on their window and their t-shirts

i5743.jpg

Then there's the bumper sticker: "Friends Don't Let Friends Drink Starbucks"

Izzard's other one: "I like my women like I like my coffee: with a spoon in them!"

"Caffeine Saves" is so good, but I shouldn't use it.

I might use "Worship Caffeine." Thinking and thinking.

A little birdie whispered to me that Melkor is the #1 Grand Poohbah of Coffee in these parts. 'Zat true?

A little birdie whispered to me that Melkor is the #1 Grand Poohbah of Coffee in these parts. 'Zat true?

I hear that it's true.....

Bah. Grand Poohbah is one hell of a stretch. I can make some pretty good drinks and I'm a reasonably competent home roaster, but that's about all I'm willing to lay claim to.

I hear that it's true.....

Bah. Grand Poohbah is one hell of a stretch. I can make some pretty good drinks and I'm a reasonably competent home roaster, but that's about all I'm willing to lay claim to.

Don't listen to him - the man is a Coffee God.

I make hearts in my lattes and they're a love note to myself... or if I'm fortunate enough to have a female drinking companion I make sure she knows they're for her. I don't know what melkor's story is but I know what it should be - I was fortunate enough to share lunch with the melkor's and I suspect he's wise enough to regale her withlatte hearts damn near every day :wink:

It's all coming back to me. Melkor's food blog was all those pretty coffee drinks with the hearts in them, right?

Now the question is, "Were the hearts a lovenote to wifey, or to coffee?"

:wink:

The hearts were practice for Valentines Day for the lovely MsMelkor. I've since moved on to flowers:

In a 6oz cappuccino:

cappa4.jpg

In a 2oz macchiato:

macart.jpg

But I think these pale to "Caffiene saves." Brilliant. And even better in neon.

I wish I could use it. If I hadn't seen it in neon, I would have thought Phaelon'd made it up and then it would be okay. Grrrr. I even have a neon font.

Oh, phoo-phah. I just can't do it. (Can I?)

But I think these pale to "Caffiene saves." Brilliant. And even better in neon.

I wish I could use it. If I hadn't seen it in neon, I would have thought Phaelon'd made it up and then it would be okay. Grrrr. I even have a neon font.

Oh, phoo-phah. I just can't do it. (Can I?)

Do a trademark search. If it's not trademarked or otherwise spoken for, go for it. You may even want to copyright/service mark/trademark it yourself...

Screw it. It's a Butterball.

If you want to use it I suggest contacting

Coffee Messiah

By the way.... the design of their t-shirts totally rocks. I'll snap a pic of mine tonight and post it tonight.

If you Google "Caffeine Saves," you get a lot of links to articles about Coffee Messiah.

Like this one. Very entertaining reading. I hate that he lost half his morning business to Starbucks.

I saw the shirts: they're awesome, too.

I hate that he lost half his morning business to Starbucks.

There's more to that story. You'll also note that he bought the place from the original owners. Reliable sources (i.e. fellow espresso hounds who frequent the discussions at alt.coffee and coffeegeek.com) have commented on the fact that the drink quality at Coffee Messiah was not up to the standards they expected and defintiely not as good as they'd been told it was in the past. My visit there was before the current owner took over and it was good but not up to the level of thier other independent competitors.

I'm also guessing that changes were made since the new owner took over. Seattle is full of independent cafes who are more than holding their own against Starbucks, Tully's and Seattle's Best. If you deliver the goods in Seattle you WILL get more business than Starbucks. B&O is just down the hill from him, Top Pot (Zeitgeist) is a few blocks over and Caffe Vivace is just up the hill, not to mention Bauhaus, not too far over on the other edge of the hill. When I visited there most recently they were all delivering a better espresso and coffee than the 'bucks and they were all doing a good business.