• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

"The Restaurant" Reality Show Season 2

Gustatorian

i walked past "the restaurant" the other night and they had these banners hanging off of the canopy that said "battle of the balls" (indeed :wink: ) and (more or less) "welcome back chef tony...as seen on t.v....and special guest chef from little italy, coral gables, fla somebody radazzo..."

it didn't seem to be bringing in the masses....

i walked past "the restaurant" the other night and they had these banners hanging off of the canopy that said "battle of the balls" (indeed :wink: ) and (more or less) "welcome back chef tony...as seen on t.v....and special guest chef from little italy, coral gables, fla somebody radazzo..."

Okay, New Yorkers! SOMEBODY has got to go in there and get the scoop for us here on the other coast...

I loved the show - I loved the drama - I loved the back-stabbing, guilt-ridden, product-placement, anxiety-driven angst!

PLEASE????

i walked past "the restaurant" the other night and they had these banners hanging off of the canopy that said "battle of the balls" (indeed  :wink: ) and (more or less) "welcome back chef tony...as seen on t.v....and special guest chef from little italy, coral gables, fla somebody radazzo..."

Okay, New Yorkers! SOMEBODY has got to go in there and get the scoop for us here on the other coast...

I loved the show - I loved the drama - I loved the back-stabbing, guilt-ridden, product-placement, anxiety-driven angst!

PLEASE????

weeelllll....i suppose i could make the sacrifice and have a martini or something, just for the excuse to linger.... any particular drama you're really interested in?

(hee hee....martini excuse!!!)

Looks like Rocco won't be passing under the awning that bears his name anytime soon:

DeSpirito Barred From Rocco's

I repeat my earlier assessment:

"Faust! Party of One! Your table is ready!" :laugh:

Let this be a lesson to all who dare to place personal gain ahead of honest work and a decent work ethic. You reap what you sow. Sometimes what goes around comes around so fast it could give you whiplash... :biggrin:

Katie M. Loeb
Booze Muse, Spiritual Advisor

Author: Shake, Stir, Pour:Fresh Homegrown Cocktails

Cheers!
Bartendrix,Intoxicologist, Beverage Consultant, Philadelphia, PA
Captain Liberty of the Good Varietals, Aphrodite of Alcohol

If you missed The Restaurant or just need another fix of the horror, they're re-running the whole thing on CNBC from season 1 episode 1 through the bitter, messy end. It started tonight.

"Some people see a sheet of seaweed and want to be wrapped in it. I want to see it around a piece of fish."-- William Grimes

"People are bastard-coated bastards, with bastard filling." - Dr. Cox on Scrubs

they had these banners hanging off of the canopy that said "battle of the balls" (indeed  ) and (more or less) "welcome back chef tony...as seen on t.v

Isn't "Chef Tony" that guy who pulverizes cement in a food processor on the infomercials? Sure makes me want to come into a restaurant.

they had these banners hanging off of the canopy that said "battle of the balls" (indeed  ) and (more or less) "welcome back chef tony...as seen on t.v

Isn't "Chef Tony" that guy who pulverizes cement in a food processor on the infomercials? Sure makes me want to come into a restaurant.

No, its Tony, the former executive chef that Rocco fired.

Jason Perlow, Co-Founder eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters

Foodies who Review South Florida (Facebook) | offthebroiler.com - Food Blog (archived) | View my food photos on Instagram

Twittter: @jperlow | Mastodon @jperlow@journa.host

Looks like Rocco won't be passing under the awning that bears his name anytime soon:

DeSpirito Barred From Rocco's

Aw man... if only the court proceedings were televised on CourtTV!!!! I would love to watch the shit-slinging on this one!

Comprehensive summary published in the NYTimes today:

Judge Orders Rocco Out of Rocco's

Referring to the claim of contract drafts that cite Mr. DiSpirito as a 50 percent partner, one of Mr. Chodorow's lawyers, Laurence Kaiser, said: "You can propose to someone all you want and never get married."

Slick. No marriage, much less a prenuptial. Financial interest wins over personal.

Mr. DiSpirito's dream, as he mentioned in promotions for the show, had always been to open his own Italian restaurant and feature the kind of homey Italian food that his mother, Nicolina, made when he was growing up in Queens. . . . Although Mr. DiSpirito is barred from the restaurant, his mother is still working there. Mr. Chodorow said he would continue to employ her if she wanted to continue working.

"I like her meatballs,'' he said.

Huh?

PJ

"Epater les bourgeois."

--Lester Bangs via Bruce Sterling

(Dori Bangs)