• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

the 6 best macro-brews in the world

mongo_jones

And more importantly, where can I get a'hold of some of this Yuengling stuff everyone is raving about?

Yuengling is pretty easy to find in theMid-Atlantic, but more difficult elsewhere., though it now has distributors in Virginia, Florida, Alabama and the Carolinas. Here's a link to the distributors page on the Yuenling web site.

FWIW, I prefer Yuengling's Lord Chesterfield ale to their Lager.

Bob Libkind aka "rlibkind"

Robert's Market Report

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

As a Good Canadian here is my list :

Pilsner Urquell

Lowenbrau (German brewed only)

Guinness

Bass Bale Ale

Dos Equis

Molson Canadian (especially on tap)

As for some of the choices for "macro" (McAuslan, Widmer Bros.,Anderson Valley) - I think not.

''Wine is a beverage to enjoy with your meal, with good conversation, if it's too expensive all you talk about is the wine.'' Bill Bowers - The Captain's Tavern, Miami

good to see some east coasters (philly!) representing with the yuengling...

yuengling

sam adams

fat tire

red stripe

rolling rock

grolsch

WHEN will yuengling start distributing west? i have to have my friends mail it to me, and have my bro pick me up some when i visit him in boston. someday, chicago, you will understand :cool: