• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Austin: good eats on Mesa?

memesuze

I'm going to the Conspirare concert at 8 on Saturday night, and am looking for a place to eat beforehand - the site is on Mesa, just north of Spicewood Springs. I'd thought of Ms. B's for some gumbo, but am open to other suggestions. Not sure if we have a $$ limit - but I'd prefer a place that takes reservations so we don't get tied up - we need to get to the concert around 7.30, since it's general admission. Okay, all you north Austin foodies, start your suggestions....

• 2 weeks later...

Since my companion for the evening was unable to make it and I couldn't find anyone else to take the ticket, I decided to postpone Mriabelle until I could share food with someone - the concert was great as usual, and I bet you have never participated in a singalong of Emily Dickinson poems to such tunes as the theme from the Beverly Hillbillies or America the Beautiful! The whole evening was taken up with poems set to music, but the rest were more stunningly done by a choral group that has few peers.

Perhaps we should do an Austin gathering here some day, after we return to La Traviata for more of Marion Gilchrist's culinary magic.

Edited by memesuze (log)