• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

HungryChris

HungryChris

I had to bump this thread up, because I spotted the first soft shell crabs this season last Saturday. These were fresh, not live, but better than none at all. I asked about them today and was told another case would be arriving Saturday morning. I will be ready for them! As the season gets rolling, I can usually track down live ones. Lightly floured and seasoned, fried in hot butter and served on a warm roll with some kimchi tarter sauce will be my season opener.

HC

HungryChris

HungryChris

I had to bump this thread up, because I spotted the first soft shell crabs this season last Saturday. These were fresh, not live, but better than none at all. I asked about them today and was told another case would be arriving Saturday morning. I will be ready for them! As the season gets rolling, I can usually track down live ones. Lightly floured and seasoned, fried in hot butter and served on a warn roll with some kimchi tarter sauce will be my season opener.

HC

HungryChris

HungryChris

I had to bump this thread up, because I spotted the first soft shell crabs this season last Saturday. These were fresh, not live, but better than none at all. I asked about them today was told another case would be arriving Saturday morning. I will be ready for them! As the season gets rolling, I can usually track down live ones. Lightly floured and seasoned, fried in hot butter and served on a warn roll with some kimchi tarter sauce will be my season opener.

HC