• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

E. M. Pashman

E. M. Pashman

Trader Joe's coming to West End?

While browsing Craigslist looking at apartments, I've noticed a few recent advertisements that claim a Trader Joe's is "moving in next door" to a new condo building on 25th St. NW between M and Penn.

Now, I'd like to believe it's true, but some cursory googling has revealed nothing further on the web. (The company's site is mum -- or, rather, Washington is conspicuously absent from the list of new stores and locations "coming soon".) I walked around the area a bit over the weekend, and while there's a whole mess of construction nearby, I didn't see any hints of an imminent Trader Joe's.

Anyone heard anything about this, or shall we assume until further notice that it's a despicable ploy to offload condos in what's becoming a bad market?

Eric