• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Twinings Ceylon Teabags

slacker

Twinings Ceylon Teabags:

'A bright, amber tea that is very refreshing and thirstquenching.'

Wrong.

'A bland, weak tea that tastes of very little.'

Does anyone have a better experience?

Tesco had no Lapsang Souchong, which is one of the only teas for a hangover.

slacker,

Padstow, Cornwall

Lapsang Souchong, which is one of the only teas for a hangover.

Can you please elaborate on this bit of information. I'm intrigued.

Edited by bloviatrix (log)

"Some people see a sheet of seaweed and want to be wrapped in it. I want to see it around a piece of fish."-- William Grimes

"People are bastard-coated bastards, with bastard filling." - Dr. Cox on Scrubs

1. If you mean 'one of the only' is peculiar linguistically, then I can rephrase. One of my unique habits.

2. I di not have a hangover yesterday, but on the odd occasion I do.

3. On those occasions there are the extremely rare few when it is nigh on impossible to swallow anything for the first few hours.

4. On that infinitessimally small number of occasions, Lapsang Souchong can provide a really refreshing pick-me-up. It is the smoky fragrance of the tea that I like so much. Builder's tea (which needs another thread) is simply stomach churning.

I discovered this on holiday with my father on a narrow boat in Cheshire, following a day of heavy gin abuse and pea throwing.

I have also grown tired of the wink emoticon.

Bad-ish mood today. :angry:

slacker,

Padstow, Cornwall