• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Seattle's finest Seafood

Hi All... I'm coming to seattle for business next week and need some recs for seafood restaurants.... We like places that range from seafood shacks to high end dining. we will be staying at the fairmont, I think its near Pike's market.....I also been told that I should not miss Salumi...I'm a big Batali fan here in NYC, is it worth it?...any other places I should not miss in seattle?..thanks for you help!...

We had a pretty good throw-down on seafood restaurants recently. Link here. One place not mentioned on that thread that is great for fish is Matt's in the Market.

Salumi....I had dinner once at Babbo and it didn't hold a candle to the food I've had at Salumi...really...go...

Two newish places in town that I would recommned (both have been discussed extensively here if you do a quick search) are Union (1st & Union Downtown) and Lark (12th Ave E on Captiol Hill).

Edited by tighe (log)

Most women don't seem to know how much flour to use so it gets so thick you have to chop it off the plate with a knife and it tastes like wallpaper paste....Just why cream sauce is bitched up so often is an all-time mytery to me, because it's so easy to make and can be used as the basis for such a variety of really delicious food.

- Victor Bergeron, Trader Vic's Book of Food & Drink, 1946

I would highly recommend the Waterfront Seafood Grill

Not only is the food outstanding, the service great, but the location is excellent. It is located at the end of a pier and has great views.

Don't miss out on a side of Truffle Risotto and their tableside desserts that literally set your tablecloth on fire - it's unlike any other flambe I've ever seen.

"If we don't find anything pleasant at least we shall find something new." Voltaire

I'd like to second Matt's in the Market for fantastic seafood (if you can find the restaurant). It is up a relatively unmarked staircase in the heart of the market. Matt's has about four or five tables and a 8-10 seat counter bar, so its a bit of a hard ticket at popular times, but well worth it. The menu is pretty short, but always stocked with excellent seafood--I've had the best clams at Matt's that I have had anywhere, period. I think they have live music on Thursday nights, which is a quite an experience since the place barely has room for the patrons let alone the entertainment......but, that's Matt's.....

MW

We had a pretty good throw-down on seafood restaurants recently.  Link here.  One place not mentioned on that thread that is great for fish is Matt's in the Market.

Salumi....I had dinner once at Babbo and it didn't hold a candle to the food I've had at Salumi...really...go...

Two newish places in town that I would recommned (both have been discussed extensively here if you do a quick search) are Union (1st & Union Downtown) and Lark (12th Ave E on Captiol Hill).

***WHOA...I've eaten at Babbo and thought every bite was fantastic...now I'm REALLY looking forward to Salumi next month !! (Yeah, like I wasn't already excited)

I think they have live music on Thursday nights, which is a quite an experience since the place barely has room for the patrons let alone the entertainment......but, that's Matt's.....

MW

Welcome MW.

We've given Matt's plenty of raves, just not on that thread.

Music is Wednesday night.

Reservations are now taken, in case anyone isn't up to speed on that!

We've given Matt's plenty of raves, just not on that thread.

Music is Wednesday night.

Reservations are now taken, in case anyone isn't up to speed on that!

I'm glad they finally figured out how to take reservations. They've been such snots about their opaque reservation policy in the past.

"Save Donald Duck and Fuck Wolfgang Puck."

-- State Senator John Burton, joking about

how the bill to ban production of foie gras in

California was summarized for signing by

Gov. Schwarzenegger.

I would highly recommend the Waterfront Seafood Grill

Not only is the food outstanding, the service great, but the location is excellent. It is located at the end of a pier and has great views.

Don't miss out on a side of Truffle Risotto and their tableside desserts that literally set your tablecloth on fire - it's unlike any other flambe I've ever seen.

I second the Waterfront recommendation. Recently, we had one of the flaming desserts (volcano?) and it was quite spectacular.

I third Waterfront. Has anyone been to Oceanaire? I've been thinking about going there next time I can splurge.

"Homer, he's out of control. He gave me a bad review. So my friend put a horse head on the bed. He ate the head and gave it a bad review! True Story." Luigi, The Simpsons