• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Small Private dining rooms

clifford

My wife just called me looking for a restaurant that can accomodate 12-18 persons in a private room.

She is looking to entertain some clients and was thinking of a wine dinner. $65-$85pp. Any suggestions (need 'em quick).

Thanks

A couple of quick ideas from past experience (with good food & service):

Restaurant Nora (best)

Mayflower Hotel Restaurant

Ritz Carlton on Mass Ave (was available on short notice)

Gabriel's on P Street could section off an area of the restaurant

All of these recommendations are for chains. However, each is pretty reliable, has good food and generally could help on short notice.

The Capital Grille is used a LOT by lobbying groups for private dining. They could probably do something on fairly short notice. The House and Senate are also both in recess this week and things are pretty quiet on that end of town. Capital Grille

I've also been to the private dining room at the newest Ruth's Chris. They did a nice job. This is the location near the new convention center. Ruth's Chris

McCormick and Schmick would provide an alternative to the meat and potatoes option. I've only done private dinners at the K Street location; not the new one by the MCI center. The new one may have similar setups. McCormick and Schmick K Street

I'm fairly sure that Oceanaire also has a private room. However their website isn't specific enough. I think I've even been to a private dinner there.....but my memory is blurry. Oceanaire

Good Luck.

One of Galileo's private rooms is a wine room.

My company had a nice Christmas dinner for 11 in the Galileo Wine room, although getting 18 people in there might be a little tough. You should check into that.

Bill Russell

Thanks to all. My wife has several appointments lined up for this afternoon.

She said that the almost universal response from the restaurants "sales people" that she spoke with (Ceiba and Kinkead's specifically) was apathy, bordering on contempt, for her inquiry.

Kind of sad.

I second the nomination for Taberna.

Absolutely!! I LOVE that place. Great atmosphere, great service, excellent food. And if I remember correctly, it is fairly close to a metro.

Another place to consider would be La Colline. I seem to remember private parties going on everytime I'm there. Additionally, they have the BEST bouillabaisse!!

(Sitting for lamb chops)

Lamb: Ple-e-e-se Li-i-i-sa I thought you lo-o-o-oved me, lo-o-o-oved me

Marge: Whats Wrong Lisa? Cant get enough lamb chops?

Lisa: I can't eat this, I can't eat a poor little lamb.

Homer: Lisa get a hold yourself, that is lamb, not A lamb.