• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Ethnic Markets/Grocery Stores in CT

ErinB

Specifically, I'm looking for a good place to get Indian ingredients, especially whole spices.

I am willing to go anywhere in the Hartford/New Haven area.

The only other ethnic market I go to currently is A Dong Supermarket in West Hartford for asian ingredients.

in east hartford across the street from latte market on silver lane. i forget the name of it but its a great indian market. kind of set back next to a package store. lotte is a nice asian market also.im going away today or i'd go check the name for u! happy easter! :wink:

• 3 weeks later...

I've also been to the one in East Hartford and don't know the name. It's in a Dunkin Donuts plaza.

There's another on the Post Road (name?) in Orange on the same side as that plaza where Hitchcock Furniture is, sort of next to the Indian Restaurant that used to be called Sangam.

Sorry about names!

Jane

JANE

There was a well-stocked ethnic grocery on Farmington Avenue in West Hartford when I lived there six years ago. Can't remember the name, however.

Diana Burrell, freelance writer/author

The Renegade Writer's Query Letters That Rock (Marion Street Press, Nov. 2006)

DianaCooks.com

My eGullet blog

The Renegade Writer Blog