• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Moda in the Flatotel

Fat Guy

The New York Times had only this to say, in the "Off the Menu" column:

"Moda, off the lobby of the Flatotel, 135 West 52nd Street, is done in granite and dark walnut. Small and large plates feature Italian ingredients."

Steven A. Shaw aka "Fat Guy"
Co-founder, Society for Culinary Arts & Letters, sshaw@egstaff.org
Proud signatory to the eG Ethics code
Director, New Media Studies, International Culinary Center (take my food-blogging course)

Quote: from Fat Guy on 5:05 pm on Nov. 27, 2001[br ... plates feature Italian ingredients."

Do they mean the Carrara marble the plates are made of ? btw I thought "Moda in the Flatotel" might be a further sequel to Star Wars.

Now what was it Steven wanted to know ??? ...

Steven is going to eat at this place and wants to know what to expect.

Director, New Media Studies, International Culinary Center (take my food-blogging course)

I went and was very, very pleasantly surprised. A solid kitchen, and some real pros running the front. I'm going to run it as the featured review in my next newsletter, to come out in a few days.