• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

A long time ago......

well it's gotta be a classic - village boy heads to the city to make it big.

maybe armed with mother's recipes - because hmm...she might not live to see his return and wants to make sure his wife knows how to cook for him?

Edited by tryska (log)

What route does he take? What transportation? What foods does he find on the way? Does he meet interesting people? Is he alone? Does he stay on the road side? Is he vegetarian?

Does he meet tobacco chewing meat eating alcohol drinking thugs on the way :raz:

Did his mom give him yogurt and sugar before sending him on his way

did she pack him a meal? what did she give him?

Monica Bhide

A Life of Spice

He is played by Aamir Khan.

On the way, he meets the most beautiful woman in the world, played by

Aishwarya Rai

She, of course, has a MAGICAL tandoor and an ancient family recipe for samosas that instantly causes Him to fall in love with Her. Everything coming out of the tandoor melts hatred in anyone's heart that consumes her food.

But there has to be an antagonist... someone trying to steal her recipe or her tandoor? Someone she is already betrothed to?

*lol* y'all who have more exposure with india have to decide which city is the best city for our budding street-food-wallah.

As for transport - well he could always walk. altho bullock cart, and train station have to fit in somewhere. maybe even a crazy lorry-driver.

he absolutely has to meet tobacco chewing meat eating alcohol drinking thugs ont he way.

And of course mom gave him yogurt and sugar! (incidentally - i just recalled soemthing about a green guava for a trip)

Aishwarya Rai

She, of course, has a MAGICAL tandoor and an ancient family recipe for samosas that instantly causes Him to fall in love with Her. Everything coming out of the tandoor melts hatred in anyone's heart that consumes her food.

But there has to be an antagonist... someone trying to steal her recipe or her tandoor? Someone she is already betrothed to?

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

this is going to be fun

Monica Bhide

A Life of Spice

By the way, the rubber-limbed and hilaririous Aasif Madvi had a one-man show off-Broadway a few years ago.

Sakina's Restaurant traced some of the characters associated with an Indian restaurant on Manhattan's 6th Street (the owner, his sexy wife, customers, waiters, etc). Mandvi played all of them, it quite deserves to be turned into a short feature.

By the way, the rubber-limbed and hilaririous Aasif Madvi had a one-man show off-Broadway a few years ago.

Sakina's Restaurant traced some of the characters associated with an Indian restaurant on Manhattan's 6th Street (the owner, his sexy wife, customers, waiters, etc). Mandvi played all of them, it quite deserves to be turned into a short feature.

Can we add some of the elements here. i think this will turn into great classic of all times.. we will need a name for this food flick

Monica Bhide

A Life of Spice

Aishwarya Rai

Do they sing? I thought there was supposed to be singing. Maybe they could sing about how good the food is...

It funny how food is mentioned in love terms in movies -- My gulab Jamun and my jalebi is quite common yes??

Monica Bhide

A Life of Spice

tryska -- Name the hero???

Carolyn what would be the heroines name?

Okay, her name is Sundranamba. His name is Narandran.

And I've got it! She has an EVIL TWIN, named Ammini.

Ammini dresses up and tries to seduce Narandran with the samosas - but he KNOWS they don't taste right and he begins to know there is *something going on*!

How are we doing?

Aishwarya Rai

Do they sing? I thought there was supposed to be singing. Maybe they could sing about how good the food is...

It funny how food is mentioned in love terms in movies -- My gulab Jamun and my jalebi is quite common yes??

That's it! There is a very special Love Song that is sung over the sharing of Gulab Jamun.

(Something about them being "little balls of love...")

I am laughing my head off.. dont know about anyone else.

someone do a quick recap of where we are so far. I think our hero has two names

You are right - I threw a name in while Tryksa was writing.

Ram it is...