• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Jamie Oliver T-fal cookware?

ejebud

Never do I buy ANYTHING because it is endorsed by someone famous (at least not consciously), but my friend got Jamie Oliver's T-fal stuff and I liked the hefty weight. I haven't used them so I'm not sure how they perform. What are your thoughts? I've always gotten my cookware from resturant supply houses because I refused to spend the money for a name. I used another friends All-Clad Copper Core sauteuse and I was amazed at how well it performed. I guess for 350 bucks it better!!. Jamie/T-fal is very reasonably priced and it's my 40th B'day on Monday so my DW wants to buy me a set.

President

Les Marmitons-NJ

Johnson and Wales

Class of '85

I too like how it feels and looks but I haven't been able to get enough technical specs. to warrant a purchase. I spoke with a Tfal rep. at a department store, I even called customer service. The only info. they have is that the aluminum layer is "thick". They either don't know or won't tell exactly how thick.

-michael

"Tis no man. Tis a remorseless eating machine."

-Captain McAllister of The Frying Dutchmen, on Homer Simpson

Is that the stuff with the red dot in the middle?

It seems that the cookware is offered in 2 sets of 9 pieces each. One set has 2 pices that are non-stick and do feature the red dot, and the other is "pure stainless" with no red dot. In a ddition to the 9 pc sets, pieces are available a'la carte including a 12.6 sautee pan. It looks as though my DW is indeed going to get me the set with the non-stick(I'll act surprised, I promise) so I'll post my critique here at a later date.

President

Les Marmitons-NJ

Johnson and Wales

Class of '85

Welcome ejebud - and Happy Birthday - soon. I know nothing about the cookware or the restaurant question, but it's really swell that your dishwasher (DW) is buying you a gift. Oh, maybe that stands for delightful wife?

Edited by tsquare (log)