• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

I lack big bucks, and I can not lie

I'm thinking maybe Helix might be the answer here. A couple weeks ago I walked in, and there were two women doing The Bump right by the bar. (Honest!)

A surreal, festive atmosphere: when I walked outside, some guy was blasting Van Halen on his boombox and there was danzig in the streets.

Cheers,

Rocks.

But "hipster foodie". I like that so much. I've heard of nouveau foodie, but not hipster...

It sounds like something I would have loved to say in middle school.

Like, gag me with a naked barbie doll you hipster foodie!

Yes, this is a good thread and at the same time, hipster foodies with their little Zagat books and their Sunday Source or whatnot, they are annoying.

Are chef groupies annoying, though?

stretch,

El Chalan is great Peruvian food for the money and it's a block from Farraglut West Metro...

(have you been?)

El Chalan

I'm thinking maybe Helix might be the answer here. A couple weeks ago I walked in, and there were two women doing The Bump right by the bar. (Honest!)

A surreal, festive atmosphere: when I walked outside, some guy was blasting Van Halen on his boombox and there was danzig in the streets.

Cheers,

Rocks.

They also have those wonderful hot cross puns. :laugh:

Mark