• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Please allow me to introduce myself.....

blil

What a wonderful forum. I came here for the wine discussion, but was pleasantly surprised to see a forum dedicated to rum. Bravo!

I'm a stay-at-home dad presently in Milwaukee who has spent a number of years in both the wine industry and retail wine/spirits sales.

I don't consider myself to be a rum expert, but I do consider it my favorite distilled spirit. I'm also quite fond of a number of Bourbons and single malt Scotches.

My favorite Rums include Pyrat Pistol, Pyrat XO, Montecristo, Barbancourt (especially the older ones) and Bacardi's Reserva. I'm not opposed to the occasional tumbler of Captain Morgan Private Stock, but I treat it more like a whimsical soft drink than a fine rum.

My first love is wine. I've got a finished, temperature-controlled walk-in wine cellar in my basement that presently holds about 400 bottles; mostly $10-20 Italian and Rhône varietals. I used to be into expensive California Cabernet Sauvignon, but my tastes have since changed.

What else do you want to know? Up until last Thanksgiving, I had spent my whole life in the south; mostly Texas and Georgia. I have a degree in German from the University of Georgia as well as a Culinary Arts degree from Johnson & Wales. Needless to say, I do all the cooking at home. I have two girls; ages 2 and 4. Other interests include college football, reading (fiction and non-fiction), politics and history.

Bill Rosich

"Enjoy every sandwich."

Warren Zevon, 10/30/02

Clearly, you are a man of wealth and taste.

Well, yes, but it is minimal wealth and limited taste. :biggrin:

(Apologies to Mick and Keith)

"Enjoy every sandwich."

Warren Zevon, 10/30/02