• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

BBC Top 50 list -

YKL

Happily, I have eaten more things on the list than not, and am at least aware of the items that I am missing, but I am vexed by one item:

What the hell is a "Moreton Bay Bug" and is it something that I should go out of my way to get next time I am in Britain (I am assuming that Moreton Bay is there, but of course it could be on the other side of the world)? I could, of course, get my answer from the nice people at Google, but it would be so much more fun to hear it from ya'll.

Brooks Hamaker, aka "Mayhaw Man"

There's a train everyday, leaving either way...

Happily, I have eaten more things on the list than not, and am at least aware of the items that I am missing,  but I am vexed by one item:

What the hell is a "Moreton Bay Bug" and is it something that I should go out of my way to get next time I am in Britain (I am assuming that Moreton Bay is there, but of course it could be on the other side of the world)? I could, of course, get my answer from the nice people at Google, but it would be so much more fun to hear it from ya'll.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/food/tv_and_radio/50eats15.shtml

Its from Australia here is the description above..

Well, I will never eat Kangaroo or Guinea Pig, or anything else I might have as a pet.

My list of things I still have to try (excuse the misspellings):

Foi gras, truffles, Dom Perignon, Baluga caviar, very old and expensive Balsamic vinegar, fugu, Cuban cigar, and absinthe.

Whats the problem.. Guinea Pig is soo good they cant help but eat themselves.. The trick is you cant put the wheel in their cage, it toughens the meat.. :laugh: I kid i kid.. Having never tried one myself, I dont know how I feel about eating them..

4. The perfect french baguette with salted French butter

.....served with a bowl of Cafe au Lait. This is the "Classique" breakfast special at a local French bakery, for a whopping $3.95

Yum!

Andrea

http://tenacity.net

"You can't taste the beauty and energy of the Earth in a Twinkie." - Astrid Alauda

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Food Lovers' Guide to Santa Fe, Albuquerque & Taos: OMG I wrote a book. Woo!