• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Danne

Danne

6 hours ago, Craig E said:

Ah, I notice in the digitized 1930 version here that the Bacardi Cocktail is listed at the end of the book, in a section called Additional Cocktails which may have been late additions, but appear to have been printed on full pages in the edition. So now I'm thinking in your copy somebody has cut out the Bacardi cocktail and stuck it in where it belongs alphabetically. 

Does your edition have the "Additional Cocktails" on pages 282-283? 

The recipe is stuck in the book, it's in the hard cover. I've tried to pull it out from the book but it's stuck alright. Don't want to use to much force with this old book.

Pages 282-286 is just blank, lined pages.
20170421_1122082.jpg

4 hours ago, FrogPrincesse said:

You realize that there is already an entire discussion about this book, right? ;)

It's a great source of info!

Thanks! :)

Danne

Danne

6 hours ago, Craig E said:

Ah, I notice in the digitized 1930 version here that the Bacardi Cocktail is listed at the end of the book, in a section called Additional Cocktails which may have been late additions, but appear to have been printed on full pages in the edition. So now I'm thinking in your copy somebody has cut out the Bacardi cocktail and stuck it in where it belongs alphabetically. 

Does your edition have the "Additional Cocktails" on pages 282-283? 

The recipe is stuck in the book, it's in the hard cover. I've tried to pull it out from the book but it's stuck alright. Don't want to use to much force with this old book.

Pages 282-286 is just blank, lined pages.

4 hours ago, FrogPrincesse said:

You realize that there is already an entire discussion about this book, right? ;)

It's a great source of info!

Thanks! :)

20170421_1122082.jpg