• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

New Wine Forum Co-host Brad Ballinger

Craig Camp

I am very pleased to announce that Brad Ballinger has joined the eGullet team as co-host of the Wine Forum. For the last several years I have read Brad's thoughtful posts about wine and believe that he brings a unique voice to the eGullet Wine Forum. His wine knowledge and passion for wine is clear in his writing and he well represents the consumers viewpoint in dealing with the wine industry and critics.

Brad was first bitten by the wine bug when he audited a class in graduate school titled “Geography of Wines.” A trip to France shortly thereafter, where he spent extended time in a one-Renault town in Champagne, infected him for life. “And I don’t want to be cured,” adds Brad. Although not employed in the wine industry, Brad has presided over wine tastings and wine dinners publicly and privately. He is a former leader of the Twin Cities (Minnesota) chapter of Wine Brats, where he was responsible for event planning and writing for the web site. In addition to his lust for things wine-related, Brad is similarly passionate about cooking and world travel. “Wine is best when shared,” Brad says, “and I’ve been fortunate to form many wonderful relationships from the simple act of pulling a cork.”

The addition of Brad as co-host of the eGullet Wine Forum is yet another step in our goal to create the most rounded and informative wine discussion forum on the Internet.

Please join me in welcoming Brad to the eGullet team.

Congrats to you promotion, Brad. :smile:

But I'm not astonished. I appreciate your posts, your knowledge and expertise while maintaining always common sense.

Best, Boris

Make it as simple as possible, but not simpler.