• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Le Club des pins

bigorre

Apparently the chef got a little mad on friday night and decided to trash the restaurant and no I am not making this up Mr Ross. I will have more info tomorrow and will report back.All this came to me after a phone call from a well known food rep from montreal called Serge.

yep ...that would be him and Carl confirmed everything as well.I don`t know why exactly but seems pretty serious damage.Does that place have a bad reputation for owner-chef relationship? anyone

The gossip is all true. A waiter with whom I work with was with the chef when he flipped out at about 4:30 am. After trying to restrain him, he lunged at my buddy. Wanting no part of it, he split and called 911. The police arrived 2 minutes later and arrested the chef. The kitchen and dining room were trashed. The word is that it'll reopen in a week. crazy.

4:30 am? Why was anyone still there at 4:30 am?

In my book, the chef at CdP is listed as Luis Viorklumds. I'm assuming it was the same guy.

BTW, welcome to eGullet tocino. Do you work at CdP? I'm sure there's a lot more to this story than someone just flipping out.

Thanks for the welcome Lesley. They went back to the resto to have a snack after a night at the bar. I don't work there, I work with a former waiter of CdP. I didn't get the grisly details, but it was for sure more than just a flip out. serious ish.

The plywood door is still in place (as is the paper in the windows).

I hope Carl can get the place re-opened soon and I also hope he has good insurance including business interuption. This is a very sad event. Le Club des Pins has been one of my favourite dining spots for years (dating back to the days of Martin Picard).

• 1 month later...

Bigorre I don't know if you went back and tried it since it reopened?

Well... Yum! I went on Thursday night had visitors from Vancouver that wanted to see the new decor... very very nice.

New menu .. I had seared scallops for starter ( cooked perefctly) and foie gras& duck confit filled ravioli, main . My friend had the salmon rillettes starter and the confit of lamb shank ( which isn't new but still excellent) and our other dinning companion had salad starter and roasted duck breats. We were very impressed with all the changes. We had last gone together in October 2003.

We noticed one big change that no item on the main course menu is over $29.

• 2 months later...