• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Dogfish Head

Susan in FL

Holy shit, Sam was a Hagar Slacks model?? I'm not sure what is the bigger news, that, or the beer.

Also of interest in these beer news items sent to me by a very good friend was the notion of Lew Bryson mud wrestling.

Let's see... Lew, mud wrestling... Sam, modeling Hagar slacks... That's a tough call. But I'll say given the choice, I would be eternally grateful to anyone who can link me to a Hagar Slacks ad featuring Sam.

Life is short; eat the cheese course first.

P.S. I see that the link I posted here is now gone, and I think I'm glad because it sure made an April Fool out of me! I was so amazed at the reference to Sam Calgione as a former model, I paid too little attention to the rest. I was really had on this one. To the writer and my dear friend who sent it to me... you got me. Good job!

Life is short; eat the cheese course first.

The model portion of the April Fool's joke is true. The line of slacks was called Slates. They had an ad campaign using various small business owners. Sam appeared in Sports Illustrated and Rolling Stone (I think I still have a copy around here somewhere). There may have been others.

neener.gif

"There's a whole lotta things I ain't never done, but I ain't never had too much fun" Commander Cody