• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

new evening Olive and Gourmando

i had a bet with eric that we could pack the place at nite,i shucked 300 oysters with fred,we were packed from 5 to 9.00,and sold 36 bottles of wine total,kinda proud ,eric lost the bet,its on thursdays now , mine was a limited monthly appearance,talked with stelio he ,he might be next,a couple a weeks from now...those people are usually home at 5 30,now they will hustle later,great vibe for a once a week wine bar,starring rosalie bread..............

sorry for the sh**ty response,was as well morgon celebrity nite,yum,starrin les belles huitres beausoleil...........les plus belles sont les petites.........delicous,and eric was pounding out the best lookin sandwiches ive seen in a while.......

I was there on Thursday and to clarify, in case any are confused by the previous hieroglyphic posts, this is an excellent food and drink destination at a genuinely sympatique cafe. The food is tapas-like. I ate fantastic grilled cheese sandwich (grilled bread, gruyere cheese, caramalized onions, with homeade ketchup on the side -- fantastic), and my friend had a plateau of sliced gianbonetto (cured pork) served with hummous, roasted tomato, olives, and delicious caponata. This was all splendid with a glass of DeLoach Zinfandel, reasonably priced. I didn't partake of the oysters, but I saw some other excellent food options, including an all vegatable plate with hunk of goat cheese, and pate with cornichons. All of this in a non-smoking atmosphere, great music and vibe. Why do I feel like this is going to be very very popular?

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Any news on whether or not this has become a regular night?

yes and no.

it is a regular night in that it si open late every thursday. But special events with a guest chef are irregular and held once a month or so. I will try to find out when the next "special" event will be held.