• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Best cheap brunch in DC/VA?

I thought Normandie Farms was a really OLD crowd, though(?) Not so anymore?

Really, people in past have steered away due to cob web effects...

Edited by morela (log)

I thought Normandie Farms was a really OLD crowd

I've never been there for dinner. I've only been there a few times for their brunch and from what I remember, the crowds have been somewhat mixed. I don't remember too many "old" people there. I do remember seeing several multi-generational families there (along with couples). You might be right, I just didn't notice it. I DO remember, however, not wanting to move after my last plate each time I go :smile:

(Sitting for lamb chops)

Lamb: Ple-e-e-se Li-i-i-sa I thought you lo-o-o-oved me, lo-o-o-oved me

Marge: Whats Wrong Lisa? Cant get enough lamb chops?

Lisa: I can't eat this, I can't eat a poor little lamb.

Homer: Lisa get a hold yourself, that is lamb, not A lamb.

If you live anywhere near Potomac, it might be worth it to treat yourself to Normandie Farm.

We got married at Normandie Farm but haven't been back since. The crowd isn't particularly old, but there's definitely an "old family tradition" air about the place.

Heather Johnson

In Good Thyme