• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Photos of last night's dinner

Last night i made a macadamia nut, coconut halibut and it seamed to be a little black from sauteing in canola...what do you think? Should i have just popped it in the oven instead of the saute first....

i4760.jpg

the next dish is my famous Saki Salmon.....endorsed by a real Japanese person as "good"..

i4761.jpg

i just want to see if the image thing works! i amplaying with my new Cannon SLR 6.3 meg!

Moo, Cluck, Oink.....they all taste good!

The Hungry Detective

I love your plates!

I think a little larger will be better, too. Usually I'm all in favor of smaller pictures because with my size computer screen, many posted here are too large and I have to do the arrow thing to view them. But yes, a little larger...

What I usually do to mine is resize to 640 x 480, and then crop, or reduce by 70 or 80 % to comfortabley fit the screen. IMO, the best food photographer here is pcarpen... I'm still working to achieve the clarity of his photos!

Life is short; eat the cheese course first.

In this case size does matter. There is not enough motion and they are too small :laugh::raz:

John Sconzo, M.D. aka "docsconz"

"Remember that a very good sardine is always preferable to a not that good lobster."

- Ferran Adria on eGullet 12/16/2004.

Docsconz - Musings on Food and Life

Slow Food Saratoga Region - Co-Founder

Twitter - @docsconz

I thought they were thumbnails and kept clicking them frantically for a few minutes.

I'm better now.

"I've caught you Richardson, stuffing spit-backs in your vile maw. 'Let tomorrow's omelets go empty,' is that your fucking attitude?" -E. B. Farnum

"Behold, I teach you the ubermunch. The ubermunch is the meaning of the earth. Let your will say: the ubermunch shall be the meaning of the earth!" -Fritzy N.

"It's okay to like celery more than yogurt, but it's not okay to think that batter is yogurt."

Serving fine and fresh gratuitous comments since Oct 5 2001, 09:53 PM

If you have Windows software, you likely have Microsoft Photo Editor. Image=>Resize set to pixels instead of inches. Click until the largest dimension is 640 pixels. Save it and now you can put that image into ImageGullet.

Linda LaRose aka "fifi"

"Having spent most of my life searching for truth in the excitement of science, I am now in search of the perfectly seared foie gras without any sweet glop." Linda LaRose

I know nothing about posting photos. But I really like your plates.

"Some people see a sheet of seaweed and want to be wrapped in it. I want to see it around a piece of fish."-- William Grimes

"People are bastard-coated bastards, with bastard filling." - Dr. Cox on Scrubs

I love the plates too - very nice. Yes... resize them a bit bigger. There's a nice free utility called PIXresizer that will easily do all your pics in a group and allows you to set them all to the same size. In response to a pic posting question in hte Pastry and baking forum a few days ago, I revived a thread that has some tips on the resizing and posting process - plenty of helpful info in the thread...

Posting pictures with Imagegullet

I don't think PIXresizer is available for Mac but not sure about that. I will suggest that you consider trying to get the plates in a spot under a bright light and disable the flash - I've been getting better, more natural looking results by doing that.

• 1 month later...
I love your plates!

I think a little larger will be better, too.  Usually I'm all in favor of smaller pictures because with my size computer screen, many posted here are too large and I have to do the arrow thing to view them.  But yes, a little larger... 

What I usually do to mine is resize to 640 x 480, and then crop, or reduce by 70 or 80 % to comfortabley fit the screen.  IMO, the best food photographer here is pcarpen...  I'm still working to achieve the clarity of his photos!

aw shucks. thanks for the compliment.

:smile: