• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Confession Time: Share Your Culinary "Sins"

jhlurie

Now, post-holiday candy should not be a secret shame...

Well, maybe you're right. I found Dove chocolate eggs. Last night I destroyed almost the entire bag watching the tape of Sunday's Trading Spaces.

I'm eyeing the peanut butter eggs now.

Screw it. It's a Butterball.

tryska Posted on Apr 13 2004, 12:56 PM

cadbury creme eggs. 

Ditto.

My sister can't stand to be around me when I rip into these, as I have to bite off the end and slurp out the slimey sugary white (with spot of yellow yolk). Yes, definitely a perversion best enjoyed in private.

I was all set to snag a few of these last week...walked into the candy aisle and they were nowhere to be seen. Only wretched caramel eggs, though I searched high and low.

I almost cried. :sad:

Nikki Hershberger

An oyster met an oyster

And they were oysters two.

Two oysters met two oysters

And they were oysters too.

Four oysters met a pint of milk

And they were oyster stew.

As I mentioned before... Slim Jims. I don't know what it is about those things, but I could eat them by the fist-full, any flavor. My mother gave me 2 boxes of them in my Easter basket (don't all 29-year-old's still get Easter baskets from their mothers?) and they are G-O-N-E, gone.

I also keep a container of Nestle Quik on hand... I don't drink chocolate milk, but I do sprinkle it on vanilla ice cream. Crunchy, chocolatey goodness.

I have to admit that I am guilty of many of these things...but my worst/best eats is fried spaghetti, with the sauce mixed in, fried in butter topped with extra old cheddar cheese and Matouk's, a very hot scotch bonnet pepper sauce....

But it is SOOOOO good... um...bad...once in a blue moon now...ok about once a month...

Deborah17

tryska Posted on Apr 13 2004, 12:56 PM

cadbury creme eggs. 

Ditto.

My sister can't stand to be around me when I rip into these, as I have to bite off the end and slurp out the slimey sugary white (with spot of yellow yolk). Yes, definitely a perversion best enjoyed in private.

I was all set to snag a few of these last week...walked into the candy aisle and they were nowhere to be seen. Only wretched caramel eggs, though I searched high and low.

I almost cried. :sad:

people either love or hate cadbury creme eggs.

i personally don't know anyone else in the "love" category. except for you now, Knicke.

Have you seen the little teeny creme eggs that come in their own egg carton? they're cute but not as satisfying as a regular creme egg. I'm going to have to see if i can find any half-off leftovers at the drugstore tonight.

I have to admit that I do love the Creme Egg... actually, I ate two of them today. One at about 8:30 am (washed down with a cup of black coffee), and then the other around 2. I'm a little shaky right now, but they were mighty tasty. :wacko:

I had a couple of the little ones last year and they barely had any creme in them. If you're gonna do it, do it right and get the big ones.

Mmmm... Tobasco.

Speaking of guilty pleasures... the man of the house requested that I fetch him some Taco Bell last night. I was a bit upset by this, mostly because I had to leave the house, but it was well worth the outing when I found out... THE CHEESY GORDITA CRUNCH IS BACK!! THE CHEESY GORDITA CRUNCH IS BACK!!! It's a taco receiving a glorious, cheesy hug from a piece of flat bread. If you get it without that funky orange sauce that they put on everything, it's the truest representation of a guilty pleasure.

Mmmm... Tobasco.

Speaking of guilty pleasures... the man of the house requested that I fetch him some Taco Bell last night. I was a bit upset by this, mostly because I had to leave the house, but it was well worth the outing when I found out... THE CHEESY GORDITA CRUNCH IS BACK!! THE CHEESY GORDITA CRUNCH IS BACK!!! It's a taco receiving a glorious, cheesy hug from a piece of flat bread. If you get it without that funky orange sauce that they put on everything, it's the truest representation of a guilty pleasure.

that's not a bad one, but my all time Taco Bell fav is the frito burrito. Remember? the burrito with the fritos inside? And they stayed crunchy? It was wonderful.

I love Cadburys Creme Eggs too. Kids got some from Grammy for Easter, do you think they actually got to eat them ? Nope. I ate all of them.

One other thing that I will confees to eating on occasion is Saltine Toffee. Saltines covered in toffee (brown sugar & butter), melted semi sweet chocolate chips & slivered almonds. So good. Everytime I have made it no one believes that it has saltines in it, until I tell them to look at the bottom. :biggrin:

Today is going to be one of those days.....

Not that I think eating at Dairy Queen is bad, or anything, but I stopped by DQ on my way back to the office this afternoon. I'd seen those ads touting the cheesequake blizzards, and I couldn't resist any longer. I walked in the door, stomach set on the strawberry, and I found out they have toffee as well. Hmmm says I.

To the pretty young thing behind the counter I asked if I could mix the the flavors. Sure, she said perkily.

So, I got a strawberry toffee cheesequake blizzard. It was great. I reccomend it highly.

I love Cadburys Creme Eggs too. Kids got some from Grammy for Easter, do you think they actually got to eat them ? Nope. I ate all of them.

One other thing that I will confees to eating on occasion is Saltine Toffee. Saltines covered in toffee (brown sugar & butter), melted semi sweet chocolate chips & slivered almonds. So good. Everytime I have made it no one believes that it has saltines in it, until I tell them to look at the bottom. :biggrin:

we do that toffee thing with matzo during Passover. Very yummy.

Our mother felt cake was for special occasions so my siblings and I made our own when my mother wasn't around:

Sugar poured on white bread

Ketsup on white bread

Sugar AND ketsup together on white bread

NOW anything that's too salty for good health

It was really fun reading all the posts from the very beginning!

Breakfast:

hormel chili hot no beans and fried eggs, yolk still runny, hot sauce, raw onions tortillias hot sauce.

Ah, it's been way too long since I did a butt. - Susan Fahning aka "snowangel"

--------------------

One summers evening drunk to hell, I sat there nearly lifeless…Warren

I ate Eggo waffles tonight...feel so guilty.....oh those cravings!!

SML

"When I grow up, I'm going to Bovine University!" --Ralph Wiggum

"I don't support the black arts: magic, fortune telling and oriental cookery." --Flanders

Not that I think eating at Dairy Queen is bad, or anything, but I stopped by DQ on my way back to the office this afternoon. I'd seen those ads touting the cheesequake blizzards, and I couldn't resist any longer. I walked in the door, stomach set on the strawberry, and I found out they have toffee as well.

That has to be one of the greatest ad campaigns in recent memory... the guy with his kid in the front-pack? Great idea.

• 10 months later...