• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Confession Time: Share Your Culinary "Sins"

jhlurie

For my friend, Jerry, it is making Mac-and-Cheese with Velveeta - and eating it all.

For my sister, Susan, it is eating entire jars of peanut butter with a spoon for dinner.

Mine? I've been known to drink heavy whipping cream straight from the carton.

Come to confessional, my children - it will ease your soul... :raz:

Me, I share yours, Carolyn - like it best of all when I can get the good non-ultra-pasteurized kind that clots around the edges if you have the self-control to keep it around the house for a few days. Then you have to kind of rend the carton asunder so you can run your fingers into the crevices and schloop it ALL up.

I have others, but right now this is the only one I can think about.

When I was in London a couple of weeks ago, I ate a tub of Extra Rich Double Cream, spoonful by spoonful. Well, it said on the container that it was for "spooning"!!!

But my real dirty little secret is Hostess Baseballs. They only come out during baseball season and are a white cake version of the Hostess Cupcake, same filling, with white icing and red swirls to imitate the laces on the baseball.

Only a few weeks until baseball season begins! :biggrin:

kit

"I'm bringing pastry back"

Weebl

I think we did this thread 2 years ago. :laugh:

EDIT: We did. Merge-o-matic.

Jason Perlow, Co-Founder eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters

Foodies who Review South Florida (Facebook) | offthebroiler.com - Food Blog (archived) | View my food photos on Instagram

Twittter: @jperlow | Mastodon @jperlow@journa.host

Sweetened condenced milk and dulce de leche with my finger out of the can

Ho-ho's

Snowballs, preferably the purple ones

McD's and B.K. french fries

Whipped cream out of the can (but it's organic :wink: )

Utz's salt & vinegar potato chips

Chex mix

True Heroism is remarkably sober, very undramatic.

It is not the urge to surpass all others at whatever cost,

but the urge to serve others at whatever cost. -Arthur Ashe

Um...

Nissin's "UFO" yakisoba-in-a-bowl

Kraft Dinner with a tin of cream of mushroom soup stirred in

Taco Bell's nachos supreme

Bologna and ketchup on white bread

You do understand, I only eat the above after a tragic event, when I need to pretend I'm a kid again... :laugh:

Edited by cherrypi (log)

Funyuns.

Last night, I purchased the most frightening little breadstick-ish things that were supposedly flavored like "buffalo wings and blue cheese." I don't know why I bought them.

Even more frightening, they taste EXACTLY like every mediocre rendition of buffalo wings with blue cheese you've had at every mediocre bar you've ever been in.

The bag is gone now.

Orange Hostess Cupcakes. (A MAJOR pregnancy craving)

Bologna and american cheese on white bread, or worse, bologna rolled into a little cylinder and dipped in yellow mustard.

Taco Bell crunchy taco supreme, with fire sauce, and bean burritos, hold the onion.

Hawaiian Punch.

Tuna noodle casserole, with Campbell's Cream of Mushroom soup.

:blush:

Heather Johnson

In Good Thyme

Quote: from RPerlow on 9:01 am on Jan. 14, 2002

WIMP!!! If you aren't going to commit to the confession you shouldn't have even posted the tease! Come on, out with it!

<p>Oh, all right.  It's KraftMacaroni&CheeseThereIsaidit.<p>

Cats

i have found that only guys seem to know how to make this stuff "properly" Both of my daughters boyfriends, plus a male guest that stayed for six months all lived with us for varying degrees of time. And they insisted that their kraft mac and cheese was the best, and anytime that anyone tried to make it for them-well it was just never the same as they made. It's a guy thing.

Did you know that kraft mac and cheese is OK as far as the glysemic index diet is concerned, (better than atkins diet) it's the only pasta that makes the grade. go figure

when my husband was at a loss at meal time when I wasn't around he used to make spagetti in tomato soup with weiners for the kids. I wonder if they would eat this now that they are all in their twenty's. I should make him make it for them the next time they are all here hmmmmmm, maybe for xmas. As a side dish

Shots of Lee and Perrins worstershire. Take bottle, lift to lips, briefly tilt head...ahhh...spicysalty tamarind goodness.

Old El Paso refried beans cold, out of the can

Spicy beef ramen (but only when I've had a cold or stomach virus)

Husband likes peanut butter and mustard on white bread

Gourmet Anarchy

Ah, I got one.  Tomato sandwiches.  White bread with tons of mayo and slices of tomato, a la Harriet the Spy.

In my book, that is one of the best things you can eat. On gpod white bread, of course.

My parents had two peach trees, you ought to try a miracle whip and peach slices sandwich, but you really have to stand over the sink. And it's best on home made white bread

Ah, I got one.  Tomato sandwiches.  White bread with tons of mayo and slices of tomato, a la Harriet the Spy.

In my book, that is one of the best things you can eat. On gpod white bread, of course.

My parents had two peach trees, you ought to try a miracle whip and peach slices sandwich, but you really have to stand over the sink. And it's best on home made white bread

Banana sandwiches with mayo.

I'm not saying I like them, just that my parents used to make them and make us eat them. Tomato sandwiches on white bread w/a ton of mayo, too. And sometimes my dad and my sister would eat just mayonaise sandwiches (mayo on white bread).

I really wish I hadn't written all that out so early in the morning. I'm feeling very queasy now. Seriously, I can't eat untoasted/ungrilled white bread anymore because as soon as I bite into it, I swear I smell mayo.

Gourmet Anarchy

when one travels with kids, you learn to appreciate sours. Now i go to the seven 11 and get my own bag of about $5 - 10 bucks worth.

And as for sours, I realized the other day that I would rather have Sour Patch Kids than chocolate. I rather loathe myself now.

Gourmet Anarchy