• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Confession Time: Share Your Culinary "Sins"

jhlurie

• 3 weeks later...

Er, um, here goes.

1. Chocolate Pop Tarts, cooked just enough for the innards to be gooey and the tops crispy...I tried Amy's organic ones...and they tasted like wallpaper paste

2. Totino's supreme pizza rolls...ditto, gotta go all the way on this

3. Undercooked Ghiradelli Double Chocolate brownies (the interior should be just slightly gooey)

4. Raw Nestle's chocolate chip cookie dough

5. Little Debbies Nutty Buddys

6. Home fried chicken nuggets and spicy curly fries (Arby's rendition is surprisingly good)

7. Fried Mozzarella Sticks

8. Fried Honey Dipped Chicken Wings

9. Popeye's Fried Chicken, especially thighs and fries.

10. McDonalds Sausage Biscuits and Starbucks' Sausage and Egg Sandwich (sans egg)

11. Pork Chops with spicy salt (aka Sichuan salt and pepper pork chops aka fried hunks of pork that are super spicy and yummy)

12. Ginger Beer (I've downgraded from Red's extra to Diet Barett's which is surprisingly good).

Wow, now that I list them out, I feel really dirty. Good thing I only consume the latter two on a semi-regular basis.

Edited by TechieTechie (log)
  • Like 4
  • Haha 4

Tamales covered with grocery store chili, eaten with Saltines. Chili should be either Armour or Hormel, and should have no beans. I have my standards.

Eagle Brand condensed milk, eaten from the can with a spoon. A can will last me about four junk-food settings.

Spinach and sour cream dip made with Knorr's vegetable soup mix.

• Like 5

Don't ask. Eat it.

www.kayatthekeyboard.wordpress.com

3 hours ago, kayb said:

Tamales covered with grocery store chili, eaten with Saltines. Chili should be either Armour or Hormel, and should have no beans. I have my standards.

Eagle Brand condensed milk, eaten from the can with a spoon. A can will last me about four junk-food settings.

Spinach and sour cream dip made with Knorr's vegetable soup mix.

One of my favorite guilty pleasures is what my mother always called "Tamale Pie" - tamales in a casserole, topped with canned chili (with beans) and shredded Cheddar - baked until gooey.  We had this when my meat, potatoes and veg dad would go out of town.  

• Like 4

The reason I cook so much at home is because my husband has horrible taste in restaurants.

Now, we are torn,  because our favorite restaurant has closed and the only place we can agree on is McDonald's.

I was so exasperated yesterday, I almost gave in to eating  at Buffet @ Asia. Their specialty is lukewarm sushi on dirty hot plates.

https://www.yelp.com/biz/buffet-at-asia-las-vegas-3

Ignore the 2.5 stars, it is Yelp.

It should be more 2.5% chance of catching salmonella.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

This is not a complete list, but the most notable items:

Marshmallow fluff- eaten with large spoon

Hershey Bars with Almonds

Raw cake batter- yellow or chocolate. 

Raw cookie dough: sugar cookie or chocolate chip

Sanders Chocolate Fudge topping. Entire jar. 

Canned Chocolate Fudge frosting spread liberally on graham crackers; eaten as a sandwich.

Fudge, esp if its from Frankenmuth.  

Ice cream- pref pistachio or marble fudge, with Sanders hot fudge, sprinkled with powdered Swiss Miss hot chocolate mix. The crunchy little marshmallows are a delicacy! 

Pepperidge Farms Coconut cake- the icing with coconut is divine! 

Pasta, al dente, with butter and garlic salt. 

After decades of eating these delicacies, I am now banished to a ketogenic diet. >:(

• Like 3

-Andrea

A 'balanced diet' means chocolate in BOTH hands. :biggrin: