• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Eating in Dallas

jcsaucey

• 2 weeks later...

You should definitely check out Abacus...Very romantic, a little trendy chic, but then again so are Babbo and Craft...My fiance and I have been a few times and the food was excellent...I love the lobster shooters...(taste better than they sound, I think they are one of his signatures, kind of like Kellers salmon coronets.)

Enjoy

dccd

• 1 month later...

Hands down the only places that could compete are York Street and the Tasting Room at Lola. They are very different experiences, but people who are used to New York should not be exposed to anything less in Dallas. I could eat at York Street every day they are open (which now includes thursday lunch). Too bad I live in Florida now.

-oren

Not being from Dallas...I can only comment on where I have been, and what I have heard...in comparison to the question at hand.

I would easily second the motion for Nana, as I was there a few weeks ago for the first time...ambiance, view, romantic, great imaginative menu and food, service, and not a bad wine list.

Through friends I trust...Lola is another that I wish I had gone too, and will eventually.