• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Vegas reservation tricks and tips?

Hey Folks

So I'm looking for any good tips and/or tricks for a last minute reservation. My parents are looking to have dinner at either Circo or Aureole (their choices, not mine) tomorrow (Saturday) night between 6:30 and 7:30. Yeah... I know... they're being more than a little high-maintenence and unrealistic.

Neither, of course, has openings currently.

Any tricks? Suggestions?

-c

fanatic...

• 1 month later...

Early and late is a good suggestion.

Also, call at the last minute. Some restaurants keep tables open for high-rollers at the last minute, and there are lots of cancellations in Vegas.

There are a lot of high-end restaurants in Vegas, and if you're not picky you'll get a table at one of them.

Bruce

All of the above or you could look up and contact a personal concierge service. These people charge you a flat rate based on the number of days (about $250 a day) you will be in town and then they take care of all arrangements for you. There is almost nothing that they can't get or take care of. I don't think a dinner res is worth $250 but if you need other supplies, reservations, entertainment, etc. it could be worth it.