• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Steve, Don't Eat it!

Schielke

Jon, that's just disturbing.
Despite whatever differences we have as humans, we can all satisfy the natural urge to clean ourselves with lemon-scented, moist-filled napkins.
:shock::blink:

Chad

You mean it's not true? :shock:

Jon Lurie, aka "jhlurie"

• 4 weeks later...

An update - pretty hilarious as usual - to the 'Steve don't Eat It' files Click

I see a touching coincidence in the fact that Jon's last post in this thread has Ray Charles - R.I.P.- as his sig.

Sheffield, where I changed,

And ate an awful pie

• 2 weeks later...

His adventures with tasting Natto that were described in the prior thread are priceless. For example.....

The entire experience is difficult to describe, but if you can remember back to the very first time you made out with a hobo's ass, it's a lot like that.

As a service to eGulleters, I will be organizing a class action lawsuit against this Steve, on behalf of those who can no longer drink Yoohoo without giggling, resulting in painful irritation to the nasal passage and sinus region due to 'snarfed' product.

In other news: Natto is indeed the Infernal snot of the Devil, The Great Deceiver, himself.

I am reminded of the Bad Candy Homepage. Similar concept, and some really great reviews.

Keep this stuff comming!

Matt Robinson

Prep for dinner service, prep for life! A Blog

As a service to eGulleters, I will be organizing a class action lawsuit against this Steve, on behalf of those who can no longer drink Yoohoo without giggling, resulting in painful irritation to the nasal passage and sinus region due to 'snarfed' product.

Make sure the class action also states "for wasting egullet members time in supermarkets looking for weird stuff to suggest he tries."

I want food and I want it now

My sides hurt. That is fucking hysterical. I have never been so proud to love natto as I am at this moment. That's right. I said it. I love natto.

What I find most hilarious is that there is an expiration date on the package. What could they possibly expect to happen to the product on this date THAT HAS NOT ALREADY OCCURRED?!!!

I had this conversation with my mother when I told her to throw out the natto she found in the back of my fridge. She affectionately refers to it as whale mucous (not to be confused with tofu which in my house is known as whale snot, but that's another thread).

I am sending this to anyone who has ever had to sit and watch me eat natto. :biggrin:

True Heroism is remarkably sober, very undramatic.

It is not the urge to surpass all others at whatever cost,

but the urge to serve others at whatever cost. -Arthur Ashe

My sides hurt. That is fucking hysterical. I have never been so proud to love natto as I am at this moment. That's right. I said it. I love natto.

I have lost ALL respect for you hillvalley.

:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

I want food and I want it now

In other news: Natto is indeed the Infernal snot of the Devil, The Great Deceiver, himself.

I am reminded of the Bad Candy Homepage. Similar concept, and some really great reviews.

Keep this stuff comming!

Wow, that site is really hillarious!

Jason Perlow, Co-Founder eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters

Foodies who Review South Florida (Facebook) | offthebroiler.com - Food Blog (archived) | View my food photos on Instagram

Twittter: @jperlow | Mastodon @jperlow@journa.host

• 7 months later...