• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Heads Up

Guys: I have to leave in about 45 minutes, and I doubt that I'll be back in time to post anything else today. Hope you all understand--I just have one appointment after another this afternoon and this evening.

Anyway, I'll keep checking in for the next 45 mins or so, and I'll be back sometime next week to check in on your regular forum.

Thanks for making this boy feel so welcome--I've had a blast.

“The practice is to commence with a brandy or gin ‘cocktail’ before breakfast, by way of an appetizer. Subsequently, a ‘digester’ will be needed. Then, in due course and at certain intervals, a ‘refresher,’ a ‘reposer,’ a ‘settler,’ a ‘cooler,’ an ‘invigorator,’ a ‘sparkler,’ and a ‘rouser,’ pending the final ‘nightcap,’ or midnight dram.” Life and Society in America by Samuel Phillips Day. Published by Newman and Co., 1880.

Gary has left the building! :biggrin:

“The practice is to commence with a brandy or gin ‘cocktail’ before breakfast, by way of an appetizer. Subsequently, a ‘digester’ will be needed. Then, in due course and at certain intervals, a ‘refresher,’ a ‘reposer,’ a ‘settler,’ a ‘cooler,’ an ‘invigorator,’ a ‘sparkler,’ and a ‘rouser,’ pending the final ‘nightcap,’ or midnight dram.” Life and Society in America by Samuel Phillips Day. Published by Newman and Co., 1880.

No reason why we can't continue on until the end of the day; then we can move the discussion(s) over to the Cocktail forum. Doc, you want to step into Gary's shoes and play expert?

Hey, ya'll--I'm here now. Gotta catch up...

Great! I didn't know if you'd be able to make it back. I never would have appointed Doc the expert had I known. :biggrin: