• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Restaurants Around MCI Center

mhberk

Are there any restaurants that you guys can recommend for a nice dinner before or after a game or show? We usually go to either Jaleo or District Chop House but I am looking for other suggestions. Thanks!

(Sitting for lamb chops)

Lamb: Ple-e-e-se Li-i-i-sa I thought you lo-o-o-oved me, lo-o-o-oved me

Marge: Whats Wrong Lisa? Cant get enough lamb chops?

Lisa: I can't eat this, I can't eat a poor little lamb.

Homer: Lisa get a hold yourself, that is lamb, not A lamb.

I haven't tried the ventworm nut at Rosa Mexicano, but I'll second the Andale recommendation. And if you like Jaleo and haven't been to Zaytinya, definitely try it.

Also, Legal Seafoods (albeit a chain) is good for seafood. They have an excellent beer and wine selection as well.

Haven't been to Matchbox or Ella's for pizza, but I've heard good things.

Liam

Eat it, eat it

If it's gettin' cold, reheat it

Have a big dinner, have a light snack

If you don't like it, you can't send it back

Just eat it -- Weird Al Yankovic

i second all the above postings; all are delicious. poste in the hotel monaco may be good still but the chef just left so... anyone sampled recently? austin grill is just next to jaleo for satisfying "tex mex," though you would fare much better at andale i feel. gordon biersch has nice beer and the best garlic fries. i wouldnt order anything else though. zola is also down there but ive never been so cant comment. there are also some gems in chinatown, so ive heard, but i go to nova for chinease so again, i'm not very helpful on that account. i believe there's a bbq place down there too, on g st. maybe? anyone? bistro d'oc is also delicious, if you like the cuisine de terroir of southwest france. its on 10th street so not real close like most of the others but still obviously walkable.

ps: one futher block down, on 11th and f, is the immensely pleasurable tosca. classy italian food in somewhat baffling (airport lounge? doctors office?) surroundings. eating at the bar reaffirms one's faith in eating into an actual restaurant.

there is no love sincerer than the love of food

- george bernard shaw

i feel like love is in the kitchen with a culinary eye, think she's making something special and i'm smart enough to try

- interpol

Austin Grill is a good option if you're budget-conscious.

Thanks Jenny! I'm not big on Tex-Mex. I've been to the one in Bethesda a few times and liked it, but I usually go to Cactus Cantina for Tex-Mex. I'll give the other restaurants you mentioned a try next time I'm in the area.

(Sitting for lamb chops)

Lamb: Ple-e-e-se Li-i-i-sa I thought you lo-o-o-oved me, lo-o-o-oved me

Marge: Whats Wrong Lisa? Cant get enough lamb chops?

Lisa: I can't eat this, I can't eat a poor little lamb.

Homer: Lisa get a hold yourself, that is lamb, not A lamb.