• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Meat Shake

Schielke

I noticed they provide very little actual information on the concept ... can't actually imagine the taste ... :unsure:

Lots of locations .. and the Meatshake Mobile no doubt is the reason .... savoury or sweet? runny or drippy? cherry and whipped cream on top? :laugh:

Melissa Goodman aka "Gifted Gourmet"

I know that the San Pedro location is bogus, I drive Western everyday and have never seen one there either....Man,this guy must have some time on his hand to make such an elaborate web site....or he is brilliant and this is a ploy to market his web building skills to the world..

Moo, Cluck, Oink.....they all taste good!

The Hungry Detective

OK, Jason is sure it's a joke. I'm not so sure. Anyone ever actually see a store in person or try this?

Arrived at a similar conclusion as Jason..... the franchise and other info for investors was decidedly short on details ... not much to click on ... but I am such a skeptic!! :hmmm:

Melissa Goodman aka "Gifted Gourmet"

OK, Jason is sure it's a joke. I'm not so sure. Anyone ever actually see a store in person or try this?

I do sincerely hope no one thinks this is real.

Danny A's "Old-School Bassomatic" Shake

(Whole Uncooked Bass, Chocolate Chips, Vanilla Soft Serve)

The "Bassomatic" clinched it as a joke web site for me.

But I do love the comment at the bottom of the Locations Page:

Exclusive in Canadian locations: The Molson Mighty Moose Shake!

(Yes, it has real beer in it, eh.)

“Peter: Oh my god, Brian, there's a message in my Alphabits. It says, 'Oooooo.'

Brian: Peter, those are Cheerios.”

– From Fox TV’s “Family Guy”

Tim Oliver

OK...A little known secret...I was on the Lower Columbia College Debate Team in the late 80's, and one of my friends did a speech on the mighty little fish known as the smelt. It was an 8 minute long informative speech that was capped by him making a smelt shake out of smelt (duh) and ice Cream, (duh again.) He advised that Rocky Road and just plain Chocolate Smelt shakes were horrible...I had one, (ONE!) that he made out of Chocolate Chip mint and was not disgusted! (Ok, so maybe I was a little grossed out...) Just so you know, the Longview Kelso area in SW Washington IS the Smelt Capital of the world... :raz:

"So, do you want me to compromise your meal for you?" - Waitress at Andy's Diner, Dec 4th, 2004.

The Fat Boy Guzzle --- 1/2 oz each Jack Daniels, Wild Turkey, Southern Comfort, Absolut Citron over ice in a pint glass, squeeze 1/2 a lemon and top with 7-up...Credit to the Bar Manager at the LA Cafe in Hong Kong who created it for me on my hire. Thanks, Byron. Hope you are well!

http://bloatitup.com

The "Bassomatic" clinched it as a joke web site for me.

One other subtle giveaway would be their snopes listing....

OTOH, why should we allow ourselves to be daunted by anything so inconsequential as a slight soupçon of nonexistence? If it doesn't exist yet, why, who better to remedy that minor omission than... eGullet?

Excelsior!

I say we make that Meat Shake!

My Gosh that was funny! Thanx for the laugh! Is it really a hoax? I can't imagine someone going thru that much trouble, no matter how funny the concept.

As as far as the actual concept of meatshake, well, if they can make smoked salmon ice cream....... :huh:

Would that be swirls of salmon nestled in Creole Cream Cheese ice cream?

Yikes, there's an idea! :smile:

Actually, the way I've done it was a white wine, honey, ginger, ALOT of sugar, smoked salmon, vanilla and the usual ice cream method. CAme out pretty cool, served on a plain tuile made out to be a cone. Very small portion size.

The meatshake thing still makes me laugh, though. But, hey, why not?

I say we make that Meat Shake!

Now, someone could take that the wrong way... :laugh::laugh:

“Peter: Oh my god, Brian, there's a message in my Alphabits. It says, 'Oooooo.'

Brian: Peter, those are Cheerios.”

– From Fox TV’s “Family Guy”

Tim Oliver