• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Burger King To Sell "Angus" Beef Burger

Holly Moore

I may be wrong...and someone should test this...but I thought that I saw a notation on the receipt regarding the fact that the order had to be made a la minute (I vaguely recall something like "GRL"), it's been a while, though - and it also may have been notation for something else.

In some ways it would make sense if they were to give some special identification to orders that had to be cooked to order because I would think that they would want to track how many orders get held up for cooking in order to plot and plan how much of a given item to prepare before 'rush' times.

In this post Fat Guy shows what the receipt is supposed to look like. In MY Burger King it's not that they can't do this, it's just that they probably didn't know how to properly use their POS system. Why? Because they so rarely get the request.

Jon Lurie, aka "jhlurie"

But did anyone notice:

I saw a fire, that is a flame that was cooking things...in a Burger King.

I was very excited.

...I thought I had an appetite for destruction but all I wanted was a club sandwich.

But did anyone notice:

I saw a fire, that is a flame that was cooking things...in a Burger King.

I was very excited.

Hehehe. I spent a year working at Burger King, years ago. Our conveyor grill was positioned so that anybody who went up to the cash register could see the flames. I still remember my introductory tour where the manager showed it off to me with a "Yes, we really do flame broil our burgers."

Anyway, to answer whoever mentioned seeing "grill" on their ticket, it's not a setting for a fresh off the grill item per se, but just the generic term for any kind of special request. So if you wanted your Whopper cut in half, without mayo, or whatever else, the ticket would say "grill" if the cashier punched it properly.

Pat

"I... like... FOOD!" -Red Valkyrie, Gauntlet Legends-