• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Mrs. Foley, of Bartender Magazine

beans

This article is about the woman behind the man who began Bartender Magazine. Of the most interest of the lengthy article, to me and that I'd like to share, was her interest in the organization "a time for ME," a group of volunteer women helping to provide a program to benefit women dealing with cancer.

She decided to designate 20 percent of the sales of her book to “a time for ME.”

The organization serves women of Monmouth and Ocean counties, but sponsorship is available to others out of that area. “A time for ME” offers women with cancer of any form a complimentary one-day retreat or weekend at a spa. It allows the women to re-energize and be with others who are going through the same ordeal.

Mrs. Foley was especially impressed how the women involved in leading the organization were strictly on a volunteer basis. This would mean all of her donations would go directly to the charity and not overhead.

Teaming Up With Vox

Jim Beam, distributor of VOX Vodka, found out about The Pink Drink book. VOX was itself about to launch VOX Raspberry. The company thought the pairing would be a perfect union.

Not only did Vox sponsor the book, “before I knew what I got myself into,” Mrs. Foley said, she was on a nine city tour. VOX also made a $20,000 donation to “a time for ME.”

A new book on the never ending list of must haves. :cool:

Cheers to you Mrs. Foley!

Edited by beans (log)