• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Greasy Spoons for Breakfast

Since I'm always on the road for my job, I love to find new greasy spoons (that aren't greasy) to have breakfast.

on Monday I went to the White Rose on E Elizabeth Ave in Linden

Richie, the owner and grillman made me a wonderful plate of two eggs over light with taylor ham (he uses read taylor ham, which is ten times better than pork roll), with grits (he also offers home fries).

The coffee was freshly ground, and GOOD!

Also what I liked about this place was that the clients could have been from the United Nations. Hard working people from all parts of the world speaking Spanish and English, and other languageS that I didn't know.

Also, there were people there, who must have been regulars, with strong opinions discussing what ever was on their mind or in the news that day.

Ron Silver AFLAC AGENT

aka AMBASSADOR OF GOOD EATING

I love Crossroads in Wayne, right across from the Mountainview train station. Great home fries!! Terrific hash!!

I'm preparing my lawsuit over my elevated cholesterol.. :biggrin:

Anthony

Edited by adegiulio (log)

"It's better to burn out than to fade away"-Neil Young

"I think I hear a dingo eating your baby"-Bart Simpson

Although I have mentioned it on other threads, I can't say enough good things about this place for breakfast. A throwback stainless steel place, hardly anything has changed in years. Best eggs in the state, perfectly cooked, with awesome home fries, very hot off the grill. They also make about 35 types of omelettes. They are CLOSED from 3PM to 10PM, so don't go at dinnertime!

The Egg Platter

159 Crooks Ave

Paterson, NJ 07503

Although I have mentioned it on other threads, I can't say enough good things about this place for breakfast. A throwback stainless steel place, hardly anything has changed in years. Best eggs in the state, perfectly cooked, with awesome home fries, very hot off the grill. They also make about 35 types of omelettes. They are CLOSED from 3PM to 10PM, so don't go at dinnertime!

The Egg Platter

159 Crooks Ave

Paterson, NJ 07503

And don't be put off by the location or decor. Breakfasts are good!

Rosalie Saferstein, aka "Rosie"

TABLE HOPPING WITH ROSIE