• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Aureole

robert brown

I just had a wonderful dinner at Aureole. Chris Lee is the new chef (formerly from Gilt). His cuisine is tremendously creative and delicious. Two amuses started off the dinner. My favorite was the fried oyster with mushroom veloute. My appetizer was an unexpected choice for me: Poached Farm Egg with White Corn Grits, Porcini Mushroom, Prosciutto Di Parma. The flavors worked very well together. The grits were very creamy. My entree was another unusual selection for me: Australian Venison Tenderloin Sweet Potato Puree, Macadamia Nuts, Spiced Chocolate Sauce and Pomegranate. All of the separate components sounded so "yummy" that I had to try this dish. I'm very pleased to report that the dish worked brilliantly! I could taste the individual flavors, yet they worked in true harmony with each other. The venison itself was soft and very flavorful, and not at all gamey. My dessert was the Meyer Lemon Chiffon with Frozen Sheep's Milk Yogurt, and Citrus sections. This was a winner for me since it was so refreshing and light. Service was impeccable: attentive and warm. I look forward to many return visits. They move to their new location across from Bryant Park in mid-May.

Edited by ellenost (log)