• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Raymond's

Rosie

Had a delightful lunch at Raymond's, 28 Church St, Montclair. They are only open for breakfast and lunch at this time and will be open for dinner in the future. Visually the restaurant is also a treat with a tin ceiling, white tiled floors, sky lights, colored seltzer bottles and counter which is perfect for the single diner. The Mediterranean salad with couscous, hummus and tzstziki was very good and I particularly liked the hummus as it had some texture and a hint of lemon. The vegetarian chili with sour cream, cheddar and cornbread had exuberant flavors. Anyone want to try breakfast which is served from 8 to 11:30 AM Monday through Friday? BYO (not for breakfast). :rolleyes:

Rosalie Saferstein, aka "Rosie"

TABLE HOPPING WITH ROSIE

Rosie, that was my other choice I was contemplating for lunch today, but we got a late start and I was concerned about Church St area parking availability. I'm glad to hear they are open again!

Casey

• 2 weeks later...