• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Rosemary's at the Rio

I haven't tried the Rio location yet, but the word I'm hearing from several sources is that it's not quite as good. Last month I was at the old location talking to the staff. They said that the new location is run by sous chefs, and Wendy and Micheal still spend most of their time at the old location.

The Rio location does have a better-equipped kitchen, a legacy of the late Napa Restaurant that used to be in that space, and so the menu there is a little more elaborate than the old location.

The food at the old location is still fantastic. The sommelier/manager, Nick Hetzel, is a pro, I'd drink anything he recommended. Rosemary's is one of my favorite restaurants anywhere.

- Hong Kong Dave

Hong Kong Dave

O que nao mata engorda.