• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Food Network's Lineup

ExtraMSG

Somewhere earlier in the thread someone mentioned googling for an early FoodTV page. Here is a link to a 1997 page that lists the current programs:

Archive.org

Hi Pamela and thanks for that link. Of those shows...I enjoyed Julia's class, Too Hot Tamales, & Grillin' and Chillin'... I enjoyed the contrast between Jack and Bobby.

Somewhere earlier in the thread someone mentioned googling for an early FoodTV page. Here is a link to a 1997 page that lists the current programs:

Archive.org

Thanks for the link! I'd forgotten all about John Ash, and his favorite cooking technique: to "smoosh." :raz:

We'll not discriminate great from small.

No, we'll serve anyone - meaning anyone -

And to anyone at all!

This past weekend I was in Chicago for board meetings and also bored :wacko: out of my mind on Saturday and Sunday evenings after returning to the hotel from very mediocre dinners.

I don't have TV at home, so just for the novelty of it, I turned it on. It was set to the Food Network. I watched about 5 minutes of "Unwrapped" about vanilla (which I dearly love, but it was sooooooo boring and I didn't like the host guy, Marc Summers, at all!), saw only the final minute of an Iron Chef (so still don't get what's great about it), had to turn off the Bam!Man after exactly 90 seconds. I did however, watch an entire episode of something with Sara Moulton (Sara's Secrets?)cooking a Moroccan dinner with Rafih Benjelloun (she wasn't too bad, he was, of course, wonderful!).

Other than that, I read. :smile:

"Portion control" implies you are actually going to have portions! ~ Susan G

Say what you will about FTV, but at our house, the Mrs. has been on a "Law & Order" kick lately. I know more about Lenny Briscoe and Olivia than I care to admit. And since the Mrs. controls the remote (among other things), "L&O" it is.

So I miss watching Food TV.

Say what you will about FTV, but at our house, the Mrs. has been on a "Law & Order" kick lately. I know more about Lenny Briscoe and Olivia than I care to admit. And since the Mrs. controls the remote (among other things), "L&O" it is.

So I miss watching Food TV.

Clothier...it might be time... for you to become a two television household. :shock:

the Mrs. has been on a "Law & Order" kick lately. I know more about Lenny Briscoe and Olivia than I care to admit.  And since the Mrs. controls the remote (among other things), "L&O" it is.

The first year of my husband's "premature" retirement, he watched "Law and Order" nonstop as a marathon .. it was Briscoe and Greene at breakfast, lunch, and dinner, they even joined us in bed sometimes :unsure: ...

then he found "Law and Order: SVU" .. and I live upstairs with the remnants of what used to be enthralling to me, Food Network ... actually, true confession, let him have his "Law and Order"... I live for eGullet now! :laugh: .. and he got a job!!

Melissa Goodman aka "Gifted Gourmet"

But I like watching TV with her, snuggled up on the couch, us, the dog, and some Ben & Jerry's Coffee Heath bar Crunch.

Watching her choice on the TV seems like a small price to pay for getting to spend the rest of my days with the love of my life.

But I like watching TV with her, snuggled up on the couch, us, the dog, and some Ben & Jerry's Coffee Heath bar Crunch.

Watching her choice on the TV seems like a small price to pay for getting to spend the rest of my days with the love of my life.

First, let me say that I am thrilled about your resolution of the "Law and Order" situation in your home!

Plain and simple, clothier, the dog died, the marriage is already 36 years old, the sofa has been replaced many times over, our kid moved to California, Ben & Jerry is not on my diet for medicinal purposes, so.... if I sound none too enthusiastic about having Briscoe and Greene "bunk in" with those of us who have remained, it kinda stands to reason ... :laugh: :laugh: (one smiley for Briscoe, one for Greene)

As for spending the rest of my days with the love of my life, clothier, I would love to but the hubby might object .... :unsure:

Edited by Gifted Gourmet (log)

Melissa Goodman aka "Gifted Gourmet"