• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Campanile

tissue

I'm going to Campanile for Sunday brunch with some pals. I looked on their website and am thinking about the quiche or the poached eggs but I'm definitely open to suggestions. Anyone have recs?

Thank you!

Hope this isn't too late for you, but I had brunch there a few weeks ago.

I had the soft boiled eggs, my friend had the poached eggs, and his partner had the sourdough pancakes. They were all pretty good, but what we remembered most were the sides. The fried potatoes were just perfect - golden, crisp with the right amount of salt and a pinch of chopped parsley. I'm willing to bet that the sausages are house made. They were plump, juicy and fresh, and had a really marvelous texture. The only problems were that the service was pretty slow (the place was packed) and the portions were rather small, but we ordered enough sides to alleviate that problem. Plus, we made sure to stop next door at La Brea Bakery on the way out to pick up some goodies.

Brunch was really good. I had poached eggs on top of prosciutto with scallion sauce. We had basket of pastries with brioche, apple tarte, and sugar bun. My other friends had the french toast and the quiche. Everythin was tasty except for the french toast. They used baguette and the crust was too hard so my friend only ate the middle.

Sounds fab- I'm going for Easter brunch!

Food is a convenient way for ordinary people to experience extraordinary pleasure, to live it up a bit.

-- William Grimes