• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Bacon scented candles!

Schielke

Bacon = Freedom, Lettuce = Love, Tomato = Passion

Um.... Lettuce=Love? No, no, no. A nice single malt scotch and a pound of fine chocolate is much more likely to get you somewhere! :biggrin:

"Portion control" implies you are actually going to have portions! ~ Susan G

For those who want all things bacon...

I recently bought (as a joke present for a vegetarian friend) a automobile air-freshener that was bacon scented. It was made of that same material that those pine tree air-fresheners are, and was formed in the shape of a couple of strips of bacon. My friend was truly disgusted, which meant that the joke succeeded!

Can't tell you where you can buy them, but try stores that sell cards and useless gifts.

MMMMMMMM...unexplained bacon.....

SML

"When I grow up, I'm going to Bovine University!" --Ralph Wiggum

"I don't support the black arts: magic, fortune telling and oriental cookery." --Flanders

Combine the three different candles to make a BLT!

Ben

p.s. there is a bunch of other great bacon related stuff on this site.

And to go with them, you can get Tomato and/or Lettuce cologne at Demeter. I was shocked to discover they haven't done bacon yet - in fact, their line is notably lacking in meat scents - but they do carry quite a few other items of interest to this crowd - Parsley, Shortbread, Dulce de Leche, Lobster, etc. Maybe we should mount a campaign to persuade them to start a butcher's/deli line; imagine being able to dab a touch of Veal Scallopine or perhaps Kosher Salami behind one's ears! Then again, what could be better than the original - a delicate shpritz of Bacon in the hollow of the collar-bone.

(BTW I have tried both the Tomato and the Dirt scents, and they are remarkably well done - subtle and satisfying and not at all sweet.)

imagine being able to dab a touch of Veal Scallopine or perhaps Kosher Salami behind one's ears! Then again, what could be better than the original - a delicate shpritz of Bacon in the hollow of the collar-bone.

I was once asked the name of a parfum I was wearing ... without skipping a beat, I said "Shake'n'Bake" .. sadly, the listener believed me! :hmmm:

and then there is my gumbo deodorant .... okay, I'll stop .. :wink:

Melissa Goodman aka "Gifted Gourmet"

I'd love to smell the bacon "flavored" one. But I pity the fool who'd pay over ten bucks for one smokey ham-scented votive. Looks like you have to buy the set anyway. Think I'll get a shot glass, some kite string and a pound of Oscar Meyer's thick cut and make my own. :laugh:

Edited by Pickles (log)

In foodservice industry magazines the last couple of months or so, there's been an ad for bacon (no memory of brand) WITH A SCENT STRIP. but it's nasty. like liquid smoke on paper, nothing bacon-y about it.

...yet....everytime i see it, i pull the strip open and yes...i smell it.

Combine the three different candles to make a BLT!

Ben

p.s. there is a bunch of other great bacon related stuff on this site.

And to go with them, you can get Tomato and/or Lettuce cologne at Demeter. I was shocked to discover they haven't done bacon yet - in fact, their line is notably lacking in meat scents - but they do carry quite a few other items of interest to this crowd - Parsley, Shortbread, Dulce de Leche, Lobster, etc. Maybe we should mount a campaign to persuade them to start a butcher's/deli line; imagine being able to dab a touch of Veal Scallopine or perhaps Kosher Salami behind one's ears! Then again, what could be better than the original - a delicate shpritz of Bacon in the hollow of the collar-bone.

(BTW I have tried both the Tomato and the Dirt scents, and they are remarkably well done - subtle and satisfying and not at all sweet.)

I just can't tell you how much I'm enjoying your posts, Balmagowry. Wait, yes, I can.

I'm really enjoying your posts. They're so....tasty!

I just can't tell you how much I'm enjoying your posts, Balmagowry. Wait, yes, I can.

I'm really enjoying your posts. They're so....tasty!

Wow... thank you. A compliment not to be taken lightly in any case, but especially not when it comes from the author of "happy underpants"! I'm honored. :blush:

I'd love to smell the bacon "flavored" one. But I pity the fool who'd pay over ten bucks for one smokey ham-scented votive. Looks like you have to buy the set anyway. Think I'll get a shot glass, some kite string and a pound of Oscar Meyer's thick cut and make my own. :laugh:

:laugh::laugh::laugh: