• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

MetsFan5

MetsFan5

Reviving this thread as I have romaine and want to grill it then dress it with a homemade dressing. 
I have: 

anchovy paste, Worcestershire, a hunk of good Parmesan, lemons, light extra virgin olive oil, regular olive oil, canola oil, garlic and fresh eggs. Any oil preferences? 

I also want to use my stick blender. Do I just use egg yokes? Can I toss everything in and just blend it? I mean I’ve never even made mayo. 

Thanks in advance. I’d like to get this going soon. I’ve cobbled together a bunch of recipes to get a sense but some call for roasting garlic which, while it may be good , will take too long. I’m looking to make a dressing the way some steakhouses do tableside. 

Oh and I have Dijon as well. 

MetsFan5

MetsFan5

Reviving this thread as I have romaine and want to grill it then dress it with a homemade dressing. 
I have: 

anchovy paste, Worcestershire, a hunk of good Parmesan, lemons, light extra virgin olive oil, regular olive oil, canola oil, garlic and fresh eggs. Any oil preferences? 

I also want to use my stick blender. Do I just use egg yokes? Can I toss everything in and just blend it? I mean I’ve never even made mayo. 

Thanks in advance. I’d like to get this going soon. I’ve cobbled together a bunch of recipes to get a sense but some call for roasting garlic which, while it may be good , will take too long. I’m looking to make a dressing the way some steakhouses do tableside. 

MetsFan5

MetsFan5

I have: 

anchovy paste, Worcester, a hunk of good Parmesan, lemons, light extra virgin olive oil, regular olive oil, canola oil, garlic and fresh eggs. 

MetsFan5

MetsFan5

I have: 

eggs, anchovy paste, Worcester, a hunk of good Parmesan, lemons, light extra virgin olive oil, regular olive oil, canola oil, garlic and fresh eggs.